Why are DC’s villains so laughably bad?

Why are DC’s villains so laughably bad?

Attached: 1654307166080.jpg (2560x1440, 1.41M)

>I was happy

Attached: 6E693AFA-ADB5-48A6-B71B-B1816A69C7B6.jpg (1080x1080, 122.8K)

Starro was better than 95% of MCU villains.

Are they?

Because evil clowns are supposed to be laughably bad

Attached: I'm da Jokah, Baby.jpg (550x831, 250.38K)

Lex Luthor wants to talk to you

What's the snail and butterfly supposed to represent

Most of the really goofy ones were created in the early days of the Comics Code, in the Silver Age. Back then the Code was really restrictive, and I get the sense that even within those restrictions DC tried not to push the envelope.

Some goofy villains were created in the Bronze Age, just because that was the brand DC had established in the Silver Age.

I have to wonder how many of DC’s silliest villains can be traced back to their resident madlad of those years, Robert Kanigher. (Someone should research that.)

As for why these goofy villains are still around, it’s a combination of sincere affection for the Silver Age, and ironic appreciation for the goofiest bits of cape lore.

Attached: 3B2FC228-DBB3-4530-9C82-F29B19E1E012.jpg (848x921, 267.46K)

Because they dont flesh them out. Only batman has somewhat decent villians. Can you name one superman villain that is not lex luthor? Exactly. This is why it's so hard to make a decent superman movie.

This

Metallo

Killer moth for the butterfly I think
No idea about the snail.
>Can you name one superman villain that is not lex luthor?
Yeah easily. Brainiac, Radiation guy (to be fair that's cause he was cute in that one rebirth comic where he tried to go good), the 4th dimensional imp bitch whose name starts with an M and Prankster

Snail for Maxwell Lord
The butterfly alien from Peacemaker.

Butterfly's Shazam's big bad. Hitler worked for him. He's a bit of a big deal in DC despite being completely fucking irrelevant to the company as a whole.

Attached: Untitled.png (366x476, 107.05K)

Oh you mean a single fucking form of Mr.Mind that appeared literally fucking once?

It'd have to be. It sure as shit isn't fucking Killer Moth. That pic's a butterfly.

>not remembering Brainiac
lurk more dude

Braniac's too fucking fleshed out because they refused to retcon any of his origins over the years so he just turned into a near Hawkman level clusterfuck.

It's the Butterfly People from Peacemaker you dunces.

Attached: images (9).jpg (766x400, 18.28K)

It can't be because nobody gives a shit. The fuck even is Peacemaker? I thought that was a manga.

Nobody cares about them