How faithful is this show to the comic? Is it worth watching?

How faithful is this show to the comic? Is it worth watching?

I'm a big fan of the comic, does the show get his character right?

Attached: aaa.jpg (640x940, 710.39K)

It’s a bootleg version that doesn’t do the comics justice.

damn. i was afraid of that :(

Sorry user, but better off sticking to the comics.

He has an offensive dutch accent and demands everyone clog it's such a weird adaptation

It actually does, user.

The show does not pay respect

But the actor does.

Watch it OP. As a Hellblazer fan I’m happy I did but at the same time I didn’t satisfy that itch, just scratched it.

Speaking of the comics, are there any plans to reprint the vertigo trades any time soon? I was trying to get the whole set but some of them are going for outrageous prices.

Not very. Especially if a significant chunk of your enjoyment of the comic comes from the more graphic elements.
That being said, it's alright for what it is. Despite the compromises it had to make for the sake of network TV budget and S&P restrictions it still managed to be a fun little show. The real hurdle it had in the grand scheme of things was that other shows like Supernatural had been using Hellblazer as inspiration for years and had pretty much drained the well by the time the official thing came out.

Sounds more Dutch than Scouse that's for sure.

>Speaking of the comics, are there any plans to reprint the vertigo trades any time soon? I was trying to get the whole set but some of them are going for outrageous prices.
You're pretty much going to have to buy the volumes nowadays because of said outrageous prices.

They did absolutely nothing to hint his bisexuality

Once in a while they get unannounced reprints, but I bet anything in the 9-20 range won't be reprinted due to low interest.
It's shocking that they even managed to collect the entire 300 issue series and all other miniseries in 26 volumes.

>Especially if a significant chunk of your enjoyment of the comic comes from the more graphic elements.

Not at all. I am more concerned weather they get the tone, atmosphere and most importantly, his personality right.

The volumes were actually what I was talking about (just meant the Vertigo run of Hellblazer). For example, 16 is $65 or more. Is there any chance these are going to get another printing, or am I going to have to pay double/triple the msrp for a fourth of the set?

You know, when I started Hellblazer, the character of John Constantine is treated like a walking STD by everyone in the greater DC universe, but then I started with Swamp Thing and then Delano's run and for all intents and purposes, he's actually a decent guy when he's not in trouble. Where does the part about him being a gross piece of shit start?

Just what I was dreading... I guess I'll either have to pay a fortune per book or have gaps in my collection.

You're probably going to have to bite the bullet or pray you find cheap volumes being auctioned on ebay my dude. For example I've been trying to find specific X-Men Epic Collection volumes for years now and its all gone and what there is costs in the hundreds.

not sure what point ti started, but like so so many fictional charcters, he's become 'flanderized'

I'm glad we're having a Hellblazer thread, we rarely have them. Post your favorite covers of the series.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (400x616, 55.34K)

It's more faithful than the movie starring Keanu. Not that it's a hard task

It just gradually happened over time. Each writer sort of made him crappier and crappier, with Ennis having him be a literal homelessman for over a year.