How does Any Forums feel about this show?

How does Any Forums feel about this show?

Attached: 1623836988194.png (450x630, 491.39K)

Is that Jeebus in the background?

it fell off in the last few episodes of season 1. I couldn't understand the plot of those episodes at all. I feel like a normalfag.

Dropped it in the beginning of season 2, when one of the girls was in prison with an armadillo man or something.
I have no fucking clue of what the plot was, other than a Demon was bad and the dragons fought him but were also bad maybe and the dragon knights are just discount witchers.

It sucks that they watered down the game's aesthetics so much. Its from the same company that made Team Fortress 2, all the visual design stuff for the game is a really distinct take on fantasy stuff and they just threw it out the water to do whatever generic ATLA style they've got going on here.

Dark Jeebus

The plot makes no fucking sense

Decidedly okay

It's okay, but it's a waste of the Dota world and characters. I didn't bother with season 2, so I don't know if it addresses my rant below, but whatever.
Plus, I feel like there's an incredibly easy story to tell about identity and self-realization; since it's about the dragon hunter who becomes a dragon himself and teams up with the Sun Princess who rejected the title because she's unsure of herself and there's also the bandit leader running from her past and then the main villain is someone who preys on your insecurities and it all ties nicely together into this thematic narrative and then they just...don't do that? There's one episode in season 1 where they sit down and actually talk about who they are (and it's only because Mirana was nearly mind controlled,) and then we go back to focusing on Selemane and her stupid elf war. The search for identity should have been the backbone of the show; but it's lost in these pointless, grander narratives about demons and dragons and elves.
Plus Invoker is wildly out of character. He shouldn't give a single shit about his daughter, I will die on this hill. The most I would accept is him hating himself for not being able to save her himself, and even then, game Invoker wouldn't even entertain the possibility that anyone could have done better than he did and claim that saving her was impossible.

Attached: 1648302645862.png (756x708, 1.25M)

To simplify why most of people saw this a failure since day 1:
>Studio wanted to make a fantasy show but wanted to use an already existence IP
>A Saudi Arabian prince (I'm not joking) then shows up and offers funds them if the next show is about DotA
>They contact Valve for the rights and they immediately accept the offer because: A) they aren't funding themselves; and, B) free publicity

Attached: rage.png (400x647, 525.03K)

Its trash until they introduce bomba brothers.

Attached: techies.jpg (235x272, 33.26K)

sucks, none of the characters are like the characters in the game save for Luna but she doesn't have the sexy accent.

I didn't even bother with season 2 after seeing what they did to Crystal Maiden. I don't even want to know what they did to Lina.

4/10 fantasy show otherwise

season2 was all over the place. They started with so many plots that went nowhere. flesh out some characters just to die rendering the character development useless

It should be a case study of an inability to close off storylines. Every episode HAS to be a cliff hanger and the plot of the next episode is introduced halfway through the current one. I get that's how serial television is meant to be, but goddamn... this show is so unsatisfying with any of the pay-offs.

what's with all the moba movies?

Could have been better.
I wonder what would happen if the show was based on the game. Team get picked together, they eather get along or argue with each other, respawn and shit. They finally get there shit together, destroy the ancient and every episodes ends with a Killer Queen "Bites the Dust" type of moment.
You start the show simple but reusing some of the characters can vastly change there personality in different episodes. Like how the Nameless one works in Planescape Tournment.

The more obvious choice would have been to pick characters that had some sort of personality or interesting backstory. DK being the main character of the show made no sense other than to have Tony Todd voice act, but he has like half a dozen other characters that he voices they could have chosen.

Arcane is just that Riot is branching out to a ton of shit and trying to be more than just League. Dota is just

As someone who plays the game, meh

Season 1 was sub par. Season 2 was shaping up to be pretty good but then shit the bed.

I guess is the anime supposed to be some alternate universe or something? Several game characters fucking die in the anime lol

Why the fuck would you make Marci, your studio's pet OC character who becomes popular enough to get canonized into the game itself, do shit all nothing in season 2 and then just unceremoniously kill her?

Who do I have to murder to no longer see those disgusting boring square man jaws ON THE FUCKING WOMEN?

As far as I can tell, the anime is supposed to take place months/years before the game. This wouldn't mean Invoker suddenly is a loving father, but I assume it's to be expected that he would change to his usual asshole self from now till then.

It's a pathetically weak justification but it's something.

everyone at studio Mir.