People right now are talking about Amphibia and The Owl House. I'm 23. As a "zoomer", I should care a lot about it...

People right now are talking about Amphibia and The Owl House. I'm 23. As a "zoomer", I should care a lot about it. But I don't care.

The last cartoons I really paid attention where Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Miraculous Ladybug.

I know new movies and cartoons are being released every year, and I ocasionally watch them, but I don't feel the same excitement and wonder I did as a kid.

Curiously, I've been getting more into older cartoons, say Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Animaniacs, the old Ducktales. Plus I discovered Don Bluth a few years ago and I've liked his films since then. Old Disney stuff is great too.

It seems to me that something (I don't know what) changed in the early to mid 2010s and made animation a different medium from what it was before. While the artstyle "switched" during the late 2000s until the early 2010s, the stories still had narrative force until the mid-late 2010s, and then became pretty graphics and effects, but the story isn't just there.

What happened?

Attached: 1654195370855.png (983x755, 560.78K)

i've been watching cartoons since 1992 (one of my fondest memories was watching "It's Kevin Wollenweber Day" on Cartoon Network) and honestly a lot of older shows weren't that good. The only good cartoon fans i've encountered are the ones i used to talk to on AOL who wanted Cartoon Network to be a turner classic movies style channel in which hosts or narrations would come on to explain animation history to the audience.

Fellow zoomer, last kids cartoon I got into was Legend of the Three Caballeros. Into some of the adult ones right now.
Everything recently is just really not doing it for me, all the cartoons people are hyping feels so generic, poor quality and insincere.

Basically, we're in an unpleasant lull in quality, mixed with you turning past twelve and being able to discern shit when you see it.
Any Forums probably hasn't helped and we've gotten much more negative than we did in our heyday about comics and cartoons. It's just more fun to bitch, whine and call every release a flop like we're fucking Any Forums colony.

>born in 1992
How's the wife and kids user?

My wife's son is doing fine, thanks.

Cool blog, faggot

Attached: FSxFzC_WIAEz7EG.jpg (531x524, 23.87K)

>I'm 23. As a "zoomer", I should care a lot about it. But I don't care.
lol, you're 23, you're too old for those cartoons for children, what the fuck is this thread?

And what should user be doing with his time then?

Wage slaving for billionaires
If that isn't your only life interest after the age of 20 you're a soijak

If you thought SVTFOE was anything but ADHD zoomer shit you need to stop posting

watch shows for adults, do sports, get a creative hobby, spend time with his girlfriend, work on his career

>watch shows for adults
like what? and don't say some shit from cuckflix

don't act this fucking retarded, how about you just stop to consume products and do the other things posted instead

Dandi

You can do all that while watching cartoons in your own spare time.

Same but also add vidya to the mix, anything after 2009 is shit

The History Channel
CSPAN
Fishing

cope

What is a woman by Matt Walsh
Birth of a Nation by D. W. Griffith
Intolerance by again D. W. Griffith
And Idiocracy by Mike Judge

HBO's catalog of shows is pretty good. Sopranos is obviously the crown jewel but there's also stuff like Westwood and rome. Chernobyl's a good mini series, Barry's still airing and really good. I still watch cartoons and all but most western cartoons will never be that satisfying because they're made to be viewable by 6 year olds. Its just cold hard facts.