House full of extraordinarily gifted people

>house full of extraordinarily gifted people
>their aspirations begin and end with slaving away for the people of some tiny village and living under this old bitch forever

Attached: 1634903346914.jpg (740x370, 30.52K)

congrats you now understand the main plot of the movie

I think we need to talk why doesn't Abuela Alma thinks they're Jesus, I mean, *miracles* that's kind of Jesus territory. If people found about her family the pope himself would freak out.

One of the grandchildren is bound to one day turn into an outright dictator.

Antonio ironically has the highest chance of this happening to. His Miracle doesn't just seem to be talking to animals, but the animals seem compelled to listen to him too. I mean shit, I doubt a Jaguar would give a fuck what I had to say even if I could understand it and it I.

but at the end they continue to slave away for the villagers and stay at home, the grandmas just probably nicer, so thats not the point of the movie

the movie is purposefully very vague about the nature of the miracle, its kind of funny to watch them dance around whether or not its magic or some divine blessing

dolores can be head of the secret police

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
>Pedro sacrifices himself to protect his family and by extension escaping villagers.
>Most power magics or tributes to divine beings involve sacrifice, but more importantly it's a sacrifice with meaning.
>Pedro wasn't just giving up his life, he was giving up a life with his wife and children.
>Whether magic, miracle, or divine blessing, his sacrifice was met with a response that protected those he cared about while granting those of his blood special abilities down the line.
Also I'm not sure if it was ever conveyed or not, but if the miracles only work in the Encanto then it makes those special abilities a little less impressive. Not much, but only being able to control the weather in a certain area is less impressive than being able to do it everywhere you go.

>but only being able to control the weather in a certain area is less impressive than being able to do it everywhere you go.
did she ever make it do anything but rain? It doesnt seem she had any control over her power considering she couldnt even keep it from raining on her wedding day. Shittiest miracle IMO

She had weather control based on her emotions.
>Sadness = Rain
>Worry = Stormy Cloud
>Anger =Lightning/Storm
>Annoyance = Hurricane
>Happiness = Sunny
>Arousal = Raining Frogs

ok so her power is useless and considering shes BPD or something the weather around her is just as random as the acual weather, and more volatile

Based.
Small town is peak comfy.

I mean it's not exactly useless to be able to call down lightning on someone or stop a tornado from forming in your village cause you can be cheered up by your child's smile.

>Animated musical about a magical Columbian family and their living house
>Uses the Thousand Days War in its plot
Checkmate, Turning Reddit.

Because it's constantly established she isn't performing the miracles, it's the blessed candle. Pretty sure most of the villagers accept that the family as a whole was blessed by a higher power, not that they have the power to hand out blessings themselves.

Discounting the last one:
>Four out of five weather events that involve uncontrollable rain
What an awesome superpower.

I guess if they ever had a drought, she's the go-to, but it kind of looked like they lived in a jungley area. Don't know how often a drought happens in a jungle per year.

but I'm sure a Colombian town (oh, same user by the way) would believe the Madrigal's miracle is a divine thing from the sky and make it religious

Bruno should have been leading a warband against the town.

>and make it religious
Oh, I misunderstood and thought you were asking why the town didn't consider Abuela to be Jesus, as in literally a savior sent down by God to save them. Not as in when didn't they treat her as an important religious figure like Jesus, or probably more apt as a Saint.

The doors definitely give off Saint-energy, but the real answer is just because it's Disney. The religious undertones were there, but I don't know where in the story would fit a town worshipping this family and having their faith shattered when they lose their powers.

Did anyone hate the movie? It's just such a stupid concept, a family of magical Colombians who hide out in some remote backwater tiny village and use their frankly STUPID powers to make the lives of a super minority within the country slightly better. The only actually impressive ability is the medical doctor one by the wife character, but even then. Meh. It's honestly just a very stupid movie and none of the characters truly behaved like genuine South Americans. And the grandmother is pile of shit. She alone ruins the movie even if the character powers weren't mostly lame. She restricts her family's lives and does not get punished for it. Reminds me of the trash movie Pixar made, Coco. Same bullshit with the great grandmother restricting her family from beyond the grave and no one hates the cunt for it.

Madrigals vs Parrs
who wins?

Attached: 1623799518319.png (620x443, 469.13K)

The Parrs are stronger, they show capability to mutate their powers and expand into new abilities like Violet and the baby.