Epic Mickey

was it really THAT bad?

Attached: 1623600346128.jpg (866x398, 95.19K)

“Missed potential” is a great way of describing it.

I'm sure it wasn't the worst of the worst, but it clearly was at some point on-track to be something far better than what it wound up being. Disney probably sabotaged it.

Maybe play it instead of watching a video essay about it

>i'm gonna watch several faggot's opinions from their shitty reviews and base my thoughts from that like the mindless zoomer i am
Die.

It aimed to make Mickey entertaining and awesome again.

But instead people just ended up loving Oswald more.

THAT, is the game's biggest failure.

Attached: oswald-the-lucky-rabbit-epic-mickey.gif (498x280, 993.11K)

Yes, its bad. Even if you ignore the hype and subsequent letdown of its development cycle its bad on its own right; To give you a rought idea it plays like a bootleg version of Mario Sunshine that they gave up on halfway through.
The side scroll platforming sections are good but they dont get even close to justifying how bad the main game is.

The first Epic Mickey was good.

The second one got utterly fucked by Disney, and hypocritically got Disney blaming it on the studio, shutting it down from making any Mickey game forever, including a Disney racers and a spin-off centered in Donald.

Attached: 0160A7BF-C40D-492A-A02D-C63D07071BF1.jpg (783x391, 40.58K)

>version of Mario Sunshine that they gave up on halfway through.
So Mario Sunshine, then.

Yes, I made that comparison having in mind that Mario Sunshine already feels incomplete. You can estimate how fucking hollow Epic Mickey feels.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Disney didn't let them make Oswald a villain for some reason. He was going to be the antagonist originally.

That was always gonna happen and you know it.

I thought it was an alright game. Camera was pretty bad but that alone doesn't kill a platformer. Super Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure have awful cameras and I still love those games. Really, besides that it's a perfectly fine 3D platformer.

It was like your average N64 platformer suddenly reappearing on the Wii

Permanent missables right before autosaves are a cancer, yes.

Because Lasseter thought making Oswald into an insane inky monster villain would be counterproductive to the goals of reintroducing Oswald to a new generation and making him someone people would actually care about. Game was just as much about propping Oswald up as it was about propping up Mickey.

>implying they give a single solitary fuck about Oswald
They cancelled an Oswald show and the few times he's appeared recently it's to clown on him. I don't get the hype surrounding this damn character anyway, it's just Mickey Mouse with long ears. So I have no problem with his retarded-ass fans being trolled. Keep getting mad at a multibillion dollar corporation making fun of your mediocre cartoon character no one gives a shit about, it only entertains me.

I wonder how many people actually like Epic Mickey as a standalone game by itself, or if it's just that the reintroduced Oswald was such a compelling complex and witty character that people's interest revolves around him specifically

it was undertale before undertale

>Game was just as much about propping Oswald up as it was about propping up Mickey.
And yet it only succeeded in the former and not the latter which was the main goal.

FUCKING

FAIL

Attached: Epic-Mickey-Concept-Art-Jordan_Lamarre-Wan_12b.jpg (1400x875, 294.48K)

Oswald brings out the best qualities in Mickey when they are a duo, this was the first time in a while that Mickey felt like something more then a corporate mascot and MM13 then built upon that. It propped him up

>It aimed to make Mickey entertaining and awesome again.
I feel like Paul Rudish was the only who actually managed to pull this off 100%.

Attached: Mickey_Mouse_ST.png (797x853, 337.67K)