Years later I'm still mad

Years later I'm still mad.
Not because Bendis made him gay, but because he did it in the laziest fucking way possible and in the second-to-last issue before his run ended.

Attached: img.jpg (980x1551, 219.07K)

If anything, we need more of this shit to show making characters who were long established to be straight anything but that is a terrible idea.

>having gay thoughts = being gay
why?

I wouldn't even say lazy, more sketchy. I remember in the movie Prof. X threatening Logan saying he'll make Logan think he's a 5 yr girl. In this same run Angel panicks about his future and Jean Grey mind rapes him to being completely calm.

So yeah, I don't fucking trust this scene on face value.

the idea is that jean is definitely mentally influencing him to be gay

Attached: 576546555.jpg (1200x4362, 1.14M)

>Jean has a fujo fetish and turned him gay
based

I'm more mad that Jean hasn't been punished for her mind faggotry

Iceman had been a boring, worthless character for ages before this.
Now he's just a boring, worthless gay character, and I don't mourn him.

That's pretty much every straight character turned to a faggot. Look at Superfag

DC has tons of tenured characters that haven't been Interesting in ages, but they have remained relevant to DC. Iceman was totally irrelevant to Marvel broadly and X-Men sales specifically.
Even Leech was used more than Iceman.

>worthless character for ages before this.
I liked him in the movies

Attached: pyro-iceman.gif (498x283, 3.47M)

user if you're having gay thoughts, I have some bad news for you
Also I never believed she was reading his mind here, I thought she was being a bitch because she was turned off by his desperate flirting and used her powers to make him gay

Attached: pyro-xmen.gif (498x243, 1.62M)

whatever faggot

says the guy who has gay thoughts

I think we can all agree that Bendis's run was a shitfest.

Attached: 1638758367822.jpg (650x1791, 452.72K)

it's such a shitty way to have this happen. Im a bit of a foucaultian regarding coming out, and i think it should not need to happen, but to deny the fact that for many people it is THE coming of age moment, to just deny the agency and remove bobby's ability to express for himself is truly just dogshit "representation" akin to gollywogs as an example of representation for black people. it just sucks. more harm than good perhaps even.

my boy was gay as hell in those movies suckin on bryan singer irl (loved him in those movies and in smallville, great actor)

Why does he write like this? Why does he spam the same panels and lines ten times every page?

So instead of his runs being collected in a single volume they balloon out to 5 or so.

this, bendis is nothing if not fantastic at his job