Decides to be a superhero

>Decides to be a superhero.
>Wears literally the same exact hat he wears when he goes by Donald Duck, with the only other "cover" as Duck Avenger being a very skinny eye mask.
>Thinks no one will recognize him.

Attached: be1dfdb0bf1ad27046dbf577ff6c8_466956e5_540.jpg (540x558, 86.57K)

It can't be Donald because Donald doesn't wear a mask. Check your facts

worked for clark kent

Donald isn't known for his smart decisions.

the copy robot exist for a reason.

I'd lose my shit if the other Caballeros instantly knew it was him.
Besides it's also the outfit and being brave when he affects a wimpy persona

It's mainly how he acts because the Donald Duck who is super lazy, wimpy and quick to anger can't possible be the awesome superhero Duck Avenger

It's a comic made for kids and the mascot needs to remain recognizable.

Works for Sailormoon

Originally he was supposed to wear a full face blue mask, but colouring error happened and he was left maskless in his first story. Then he was given a beagle boys-like mask.

The full face mask was later recycled for Fantômius

I remember there's a story where his nephews find the lair, but they assume that the Duck Avenger just rents out the space and Donald's his janitor. They only realize the truth the second he takes the mask off, and they're so horrified they give themselves amnesia.

The thing is, it works because in the comics Donald is a lazy slob who spends all day napping, eating and yelling at his nephews or dodging bill collectors, so nobody ever thinks that a super dynamic hero like Paperinik could be actually Donald on disguise.
Donald overplays his lazyness and bum behavior on purpose to throw everyone off, and even sometimes has used the costume on front of his family and friends to pose while saying "Look, I'm Paperinik" and NOBODY buys it.

>dodging bill collectors
Most of the time it's literally just Scrooge, since he owns the house. That's why he's able to boss Donald around and have him polish his coins all the time.

Also, forgot to mention how if anyone would buy it and genuinely find out, he'd lose his role to his dickhead cousin Gladstone (the legal heir) immediately.

>Decides to be a superhero.
Thief. Hero stuff came much, much later.

It's mostly Scrooge because he owns practically all business on Duckburg and Donald always buys on credit there. so whenever Scrooge drops by to force Donald to do some heavy work for him he carries Donald's total bill with him- and it's a bill as long as a TP roll.

Funny things is, Gladstone always loses big time whenever he goes against Donald on Paperink stories- at a point he was convinced that Donald was Paperinik and did everything possible to unmask him, but Donald not only outwitted him: he also managed to use some rubber masks to convince everyone that Gladstone is a Paperinik impersonator and was trying to use Donald to take the fall for his misdeeds.
Scrooge ended up delivering a brutal beating to Gladstone while Donald chuckled and all Italian readers cheered for him.

He also keeps him in a debt trap a lot of the time. The main reason being that Scrooge is really Flanderized at this point, so he's excessively stingy, petty and miserly.

There's also one where he tries to pretend to be Stálöndin's best friend because he's jealous of Donald, but Donald just decides to have him work for it and has him do back-breaking, life-threatening stunts by making Gladstone his temporary sidekick.

wasn't there a story that showed he owns several masks of duckburg citizens, including a few of himself? that might throw people off

I remember one story where Donald actually manages to pay off his debt Scrooge literally starts panicking about losing his free labor