Cars

How would you continue this franchise?

Attached: Cars 3.jpg (2950x1667, 616.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H1FVm8hs6E4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

by going back in time and stopping the first from being made so Pixar would have its dignity for at least a few years longer

fuck you cars 1 was good.

I liked Cars 2

Cars 4 leak
Ka-Chow!

Attached: Ka-Chow.jpg (800x540, 92.84K)

This

What is a self driving car in the cars universe? Like an Otaku, like a airhead?
What's an electric vehicle? Fast, too smart, self driving too. Hm...

What is self driving I care universe? What is electric vehicle in cars universe? What is Space Station? What is Satelite? What is Rocket Clamp Floating oceanic base in Cars Universe?

Cars 1 was like a (shitty) dreamworks movie, like the Bee movie.

Hi Sharktalefag

I'd rip off Rocky Balboa.
>Lightning has been Cruz's chief for a few seasons.
>New hotshot on the track is racking up wins
>However fans have gotten bored with the current generation of racers, this hotshot being at the center of it
>maybe in a parallel to real life, current racers have restrictions imposed on them so they can't go as fast as cars of old
>Commentators talking about these races reminisce about the old racing days
>say something like "the last truly great season was when Lightning Mcqueen was still racing, and Lightning in his prime would beat the current hotshot".
>run a simulation, the simulation says lightning would win
>Hotshot throws down the gauntlet and wants to hold a 1 on 1 race against Mcqueen
>Mcqueen isn't particularly interested in racing again, he's moved past it
>Cruz however thinks Mcqueen should get his last chance for glory (this would be to pacify those who thought mcqueen should have beaten storm at the end of 3)
>Mcqueen decides to do the race (it's implied that mcqueen was not satisfied with how cars 3 ended and has secretly longed for one last race to prove himself)
>training montage
>Day of the race it's just Mcqueen and the hotshot for the race.
>The two have the race, the hotshot occasionally bumping Mcqueen but otherwise running fairly.
>During the race, the hotshot reveals that he issued the challenge because he's tired of others constantly putting him down for things that are out of his control. Why should he be portrayed as a bad guy just because he succeeds at what he's wanted to do?
>The hotshot throughout the movie is portrayed as a tool by the media and other characters (like chick or storm) but in that moment Lightning realizes he's more like himself. Someone who just wanted to be the best at what they're good at.
>Anyway lightning loses the race but it's not treated as the end of the world. For lightning the race wasn't about winning he just wanted to race one last time.

I don't know, all I know is that I was given nightmares as a kid after watching the deleted scenes on the DVD.
youtube.com/watch?v=H1FVm8hs6E4

Wait...CARS IS NOT DREAMWORKS??

>Mcqueen isn't particularly interested in racing again, he's moved past it
You're born into a world filled with anthropomorphic cars as a race car. You are literally destined to be a race car. You become a race car. You "retire". "You gramps, how about you come out of retirement for another race?" "No, I've moved past that." - That's like saying a Lion has moved past mauling Zebras.

He's never shown running for fun, he just want the fame

Change the "hotshot" to being McQueen and Sally's child for a father son story. The only problem of course being the fact that having a child car implies car sex. Hence why you don't really see any kids in the movies.

The entire plot of Cars 3 was that Lightning wasn't ready to retire from Racing. The film ends with him doing so and moving into a mentor role for Cruz.

Word limit caused me to condense it a bit but the idea would be, he's initially not interested in racing some asshole because he got mad at something some race commentator said. But while he's initially dismissive he changes his mind as he feels that maybe him bailing on that last race at the Florida 500 has made him feel unfulfilled. That day it was about the race and more about his bet with sterling so he couldn't enjoy it.

But this exhibition race, the only stakes would be bragging rights. So he can go back and have one last race without any sort of bullshit hanging over it.

You know, this wouldn't be bad, but how about this (I've never seen cars 3)

>Lightning has moved on to be the big winner and a senior racer at the track, it's his last season before retirement
>theres a new up and coming racer thats not only good but also a dick
>before the race lightning tells the new up and coming kid to take it easy and the new kid tells lightning to fuck off
fast forward to the end
>somehow lightning wrecks before winning the race at the end
>the new kid realizing how he's grown (on screen or off screen) gives up the potential win and pushes the wrecked lightning across the finish, going full circle from the end of cars 1
>life is a highway plays to the end credits

How is McQueen suppose to ride the highway all night long if he doesn't have any lights?

Well unfortunately that is the opening act of Cars 3. That all happens in the opening 15 minutes except the part about the new kid having a revelation.

The yellow car in OP's pic becomes Lightning's student and she beats the new guy.

Le typical man moves out of the way to mentor a female who's even better then him in every way story huh?

No wonder it bombed and killed the franchise.
Cruz toys sat on the shelves with only mothers buying it becuase it's the girl and no girl wanting it and little boys throwing in a box never to play with it.

Jackson Storm ends up being the one the kids wanted and played with because he's an arrogant asshole like Mcqueen but Cool and edgy.

Could have written cruz out completely and reveal that jackson storm looked up to lightning.

Then have the final race and passing of the torch to the next gen. Cruz being super special out of nowhere because female and never really trying to be a race car is retarded and pissed off everyone including little girl fans.

>How would you continue this franchise?
make the next film 2d

Attached: 59b49867449e78fc2a9dc7e54a54ff56.jpg (800x480, 45.99K)

I didn't mind Cruz. Out of all the characters the made after the first film she felt like the one that fit the most. But yeah I thought her becoming a racer was kinda weird since to me as a car /o/tist it would be like letting a Chevrolet Corvette race on a Nascar track.