Why are puppets considered Any Forums?

Why are puppets considered Any Forums?

I do in fact consider puppetry to be a form of animation,I just think this could be an interesting discussion.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11-15-40 TMS-Statler&Waldorf-BalconyBox.webp (WEBP Image 1199 × 795 pixels).png (1199x795, 1.57M)

Puppetry can really be considered "real time stop motion" when you think about it

The question always pops up when there's something puppet-related trending. I assume Any Forums is just a catch-all for any medium, artform or even product traditionally targeted at children and not covered in other boards. We've got a cereal mascot thread going on right now ffs.

On a technical level, I'd say puppetry is strictly live-action. That said, the appeal of puppetry, IE the caricaturized characters, the emphases on expressive and simple gestures, etc., do overlap with animation a lot.

I think puppetry is more fit to belong to its own category, but it's so niche and the amount of media using it so limited nowadays that a whole board dedicated to it would be impractical. So of all existing boards, Any Forums seems to be the most well suited for it.

>Males can really be considered "non-female females" when you think about it

Puppets are live-action, as are MCU and DCEU and all live-action tv series.
They all belong on Any Forums.

You will never be a janny.

>Didja see the new Chip and Dale movie
>Yeah, I still can believe what they did to Gadget. How could the producers allow that?
>Dunno, but it sure did FLY over their heads
>HOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15.78K)

Not an argument and rent-free

Ah yes, the automatized knee-jerk replies ironically intended to counter automatized knee-jerk replies

I think of Any Forums as more of a catch-all for man-made art representations, usually exaggerated and not strictly realistic, usually of fiction.

So cereal mascots are a bunch of lines drawn by some guy to represent Tony the Tiger or George Bush.

I'd suppose puppets and action figures and sculptures should count, yet I feel like an Albert Einstein bobblehead thread wouldn't be allowed on Any Forums unless it's based on an existing cartoon? Idk.

Any animation that's not purely hand-drawn has some kind of connection to puppetry.

Attached: animation flowchart.jpg (3600x1904, 723.71K)

Those jokes brings me back. Thanks user.

Well Any Forums sure as fuck doesn't want or deserve them so the only other choices are either Any Forums or /m/.

Based and correctpilled.

Because it is.

Attached: EA253A76-E0F0-4EA9-9A1A-391949357F78.jpg (902x678, 162.98K)

Well sure.

This.

would you consider this Any Forums?

Attached: THUNDERBOLT FANTASY.webm (853x480, 2.23M)

yes
unless you're fucking with me and it's from a video game or anime, in which case no

3/4;s of every
CGI Hollywood movie is animation. Full stop. Those MCU and DCEU movies have more animation in them than actual DC and Marvel cartoons.