Cartoon Art Styles Per Decade

Is this accurate?

Attached: prevailing_cartoon_styles_per_decade_by_thecartoonfanatic_deq0wsq-fullview.jpg (1920x768, 217.05K)

What the bel happened in the 50s?

I'm guessing UPA animation.

UPA and TV

Z > X > C = A > B >>>> C

No because honestly and I say this with much regret you’re not a very good illustrator

>stock "hands behind back" lazy artist pose

Everybody always gets all the styles in these completely wrong. It's a fool's errand to even neatly try to separate cartoon art styles by decade anyway. There are virtually no design trends prevalent by decade, with 30s rubber host, flat/sharp UPA-inspired 2000s design and 2010s beanmouth being exceptions.

come on put some effort into it

Attached: 002923E3-D1E3-44B7-B430-00E04436D943.png (800x1000, 322.54K)

A better alternative to this would be attempting art styles by studio and broad era. For instance, what characterized 90s and 2000s Nickelodeon is completely different from what characterized 90s and 2000s Cartoon Network. 30s-40s Warner Bros and Disney cartoons are totally different.

Really it’s just individual artists and studios making media in their styles, and some of them like Genndy Tartakovsky and Hannah Barbera had 4-72 shows

No, in any of those decades the artists would at the very least be competent regardless of the aesthetic choices

This artist fears the HAND.

Attached: marco-bucci-hands.jpg (1920x1678, 449.54K)

i liked mimicking UPA style but i also like making art, making something expressive out of it and making it your own
just listing off a bunch of styles feels unnatural to me, doesn’t feel like making art for the sake of it

Attached: 0D3E550E-04DB-4464-B42F-03D33B962251.png (800x1050, 216.04K)

I don't blame them. Hands are hard to draw. I have an easier time with feet, but that could just be because I have a foot fetish.

w-who’s the boy…

Why did they delete your other thread? The one about this cartoon you are making?
>Is this accurate?
no, none of those look right.

Attached: 1654086960972.png (1920x1080, 257.16K)

This is a good point. Disney’s style during the 90s was distinct and no longer looks like that now.

>2010 Cal Arts style completely skipped over
Imagine having an entire echochamber worth of arguments just invalidated and erased into the void like this.

I have a harder time drawing feet than hands, got any tips other than practice?

Not him, but also foot fetishist. don't draw bricks or triangles, they don't show the curves of the foot well at all.
Remember that toes have segments like fingers do, and like the palm of a hand the heel and arch have to connect to the ankle like a hand to a wrist.
Don't forget the back of the foot exists as well, I've seen too many drawings where the foot looks like it's a straight line from the back of the leg to the heel.

Overall the biggest things are knowing the ankle, heel, arch, leg connection, and toes. Once you figure those out individually you should have it.