Why were cartoons of the late 2000s and early 2000s incredibly self serious and immature, like Ben 10 Alien force...

Why were cartoons of the late 2000s and early 2000s incredibly self serious and immature, like Ben 10 Alien force, Secret Saturdays, etc. It feels like you're reading some teenager's fanfiction who thinks he's being serious. I mean he is being relatively serious to his credit, but he's pathetic when compared to actual mature writing like Zombie Island where the character feel like adults, not pathetic teens crying over small things.

Attached: 123LookingAtComputer.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/co.desu.meta/text/Why were cartoons of the late 2000s and early 2000s incredibly self serious and immature/type/op/
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Something can be inherently whimsical and not serious/
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/seriously/filename/ 1622311983381/image/td5H6MAMm93bp1zlqDE1Cw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I prefer that compared to shit produced today where characters need to be under several layers of irony/meta because trying to take anything remotely seriously can potentially be seen as “cringe”.

>Muh culture war
Something can be inherently whimsical and not serious without being self-deprecating or ironic. Some media is emotionally and thematically genuine (and better for it), but that doesn't make it "serious." It knows it's absurd and owns it instead of getting self-serious in a hollow attempt to look more mature and profound (This show) or playing off the absurdity to shelter itself from criticism (Marvel Movies).
You people keep getting hung up on how serious is used as a synonym for sincerity in a non-media context. In media it means something different: that the work is meant to be considered deeply, and occasionally that its presentation is grave. Which is what these shows do. It's pretentious and hollow. It's trying to give the illusion its something more mature than what it is.

They don't write like 7 year olds, they write like 14-17 year olds and are good at it, the problem is that they cannot write like 30+ year olds.

Bump

Seething.

>I prefer that compared to shit produced today where characters need to be under several layers of irony/meta
This this this

How the fuck is that "culture war"?
>It knows it's absurd and owns it
You said this in another thread and it still is jut as wrong.

who the fuck thinks ben ten and secret saturdays are serious what the fuck

>You said this in another thread before and it's still just as wrong
How is it wrong? Refute it.

It's culture war because it's petty marvel hating BS. Almost all popular culture nowadays still takes itself seriously.

Ben 10 alien force and season 2 of secret Saturdays yes.

Bump

>I prefer that compared to shit produced today where characters need to be under several layers of irony/meta
Name 5 current shows like that

They were serious for kids. It's no surprised that adults can't also take them seriously.

Refute it.

Why can't you refute it?

holy autism batman

Bump

Characters treating their own setting with seriousness no matter how ridiculous and outlandish it is is something I only ever see in anime because americans are always seemingly too embarrassed with their own writing to not hide under several layers of irony and jokes thrown around every 10 seconds.

Attached: 1616828670450.png (729x535, 224.62K)

Read

I don't even think you even care about any answer you get considering your copypasting. If anything I think you're a bot
desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/co.desu.meta/text/Why were cartoons of the late 2000s and early 2000s incredibly self serious and immature/type/op/
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/Something can be inherently whimsical and not serious/
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/seriously/filename/ 1622311983381/image/td5H6MAMm93bp1zlqDE1Cw/

Attached: 1616526290324.jpg (1920x1080, 232.99K)