Bob's Burgers Movie thoughts & first impressions

Looked through the catalog and didn't see anything. What did you all think?

Please use spoilers if necessary

Attached: llllll.jpg (540x810, 138.57K)

[spoilers] I haven't watched it yet

Our theater had a memorial day deal, $5 per ticket

See if your local one is doing something similar and have a night out. It's worth seeing if you're a fan of the show imho

Unironically better than the show.
What went right? Should Loren just write more episodes?

>What went right? Should Loren just write more episodes?
5 years to work it over

I think working on it for so long made the writers pull a better script than the usual episodes. While the movie is a glorified episode, it still has higher stakes than an average episode so there’s that as well.
What impressed me more was the cinematography. It’s going to be hard seeing Season 13 with the same old boring shot reverse shot style instead of the more dynamic camera angles.

>Loren takes over completely and writes/co writes every episode with Nora helping
>Trade off is Venture Bros tier gaps between seasons
Would it be worth it?

Only if Bob Burgers also goes the VB route of breaking status quo, I ain’t waiting 2 years for episodic content.

>5 years in the making
>Delayed once due to COVID
>Delayed again because of Jimmy Pesto's firing and instead blame it on COVID again
>Finally releases in theaters with little fanfare
>It's a rehash of the 2 part Wonder Wharf episode from season 4 and Flu-ouise
from season 7, but with shadows and CGI shit.

Did Loren Bouchard kill 2D movies?

Attached: vmhi7l4fwlc71[1].jpg (3000x2999, 1.06M)

2d movies were already dead. Loren just committed necrophilia

The music is great, the orchestrator Tim Davies did Sims 3 and worked with Mark Mothersbaugh (Portal 2, Adventures of Pete and Pete).

Mark Mothersbaugh is a literal music god. He can make any awful movie tolerable with his score.

Was pretty fun. I have only seen some Bob’s Burgers episodes. But I saw the movie with my friends and liked it.

Favorite song is the Lucky Ducks one.

Was it just me or were the songs really awkward by the end because there was so few? It didn't feel like a "musical" at all (thank god desu) like it was advertised as.

The South Park movie really pulled the musical part off better

I liked it, but I wouldn't call it... Like it wasn't groundbreaking or anything. I think its limited scope made it sit better than the Simpsons Movie because that movie's plot was ridiculous. This is a story that wouldn't seem out of place in a four-parter or a season-long arc if this was the type of show that did that.

The musical numbers were literally half-and-half. Four songs. Two good songs. Two ehhhhhhh song.

this "musical" only has 4 fucking songs
one of which isn't even on the soundtrack cause of muh spoilers
and what the fuck was with the characters sneaking in exposition dumps every time a different character from the show made their first appearance in the film?? did some exec really think people would be too stupid jumping into the world of the show that these character's roles wouldn't be self-evident?
very cute film though, i want to have sex with louise

Attached: DQP0o8IVoAAA5Vv.jpg (640x640, 113.14K)

Haven't watched a single episode and i don't thknk i ever will, however, the bunny hat girl is cute. Shad, skubdbutt and jcm2 did some nice art of her

I take it most people won't go to the theater for this and there's going to be more discussion once it can be pirated.

Why not?

go back to sucking dicks on reddit

The scene with the skeleton and grover running through the tunnel were legit unnerving