Looking back, it was mediocre compared to previous original CG Dreamworks films

Looking back, it was mediocre compared to previous original CG Dreamworks films

Attached: MV5BMTQwMTQxNTcwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ1NzUzMQ@@._V1_.jpg (808x1200, 382.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/mibyem
screendaily.com/dreamworks-to-spin-off-animation-unit-in-ipo/4019487.article
latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-jul-22-fi-dreamworks22-story.html
cbsnews.com/news/dreamworks-ipo-opens-on-wall-st/#app
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obvious Shark thread is obvious.

It was hard carried by the cool suburb theme (which it was the last cry of, we haven't had suburb kino ever since) and the Ben Folds soundtrack

Monster House kinda took place in a suburb and it came out 2 months later

>co directed by Karey Kirkpatrick
this film is kinda lazy. Kirkpatrick was the Chicken Run screenwriter and he reuses the same concept : smooth talking character (Rocky/RJ) who lies to a group of animals who thinks he cares about them, with only the leader (Ginger/Verne) suspecting of him. There's also a female human villain (Mrs Tweedy/Gladys) who owns the main setting

>Ben Folds soundtrack
there are only 5 songs and 2 of them play in the credits. No other lyrical songs by other artists. Worse of all, the characters never sing in this (unlike Antz, Shrek, Shark Tale and Madagascar)

Should I post the blueberry edit?

Attached: stella.png (464x448, 292.49K)

>Antz/Shrek : Harry Gregson-Williams and John Powell
>Shark Tale/Madagascar : Hans Zimmer
>Over the Hedge : Rupert Gregson-Williams
another problem with this film : the score is forgettable. Nothing here sticks out

Literally the only reason people remember this film is because they want to fuck the skunk, opossum, and/or the raccoon.

Attached: EnijbZ3XcAIAQXJ.jpg (714x799, 62.2K)

I love seeing a schizo have an argument with themselves for no reason

>it was mediocre compared to previous original CG Dreamworks films

You mean their movies after Shrek 2?

ahhh darn you got me user

do it

>Antz : Z sings Almost Like Being in Love, the soldier ants sing When Johnny Comes Marching Home, and the worker ants sing Give Peace a Chance

>Shrek : Donkey sings Friends, On the Road Again, Try a Little Tenderness and I'm a Believer

>Shark Tale : Oscar, Ernie and Bernie sing Three Little Birds, Oscar sings Can't Touch This, Sykes sings In Da Club, Don Feinberg sings Wind Beneath my Wings, and Oscar and Sykes sing Movin' On Up (The Jeffersons theme)

>Madagascar : Penguins sing Born Free, Alex, Gloria and Melman sing Happy Birthday to You, Alex and Marty sing New York New York, and Julien sings I Like to Move It Move It

>Over the Hedge : not a single character ever sings
unforgivable

i loved shark tale
i loved over the edge
i loved antz
anyone who says theyre cheap knock off cash grabs is a pleb and never gave the movies a chance

Over the Hedge and Bee Movie are the only animation films composed by Rupert Gregson-Williams, and i'm happy about that. Both scores are incredibly forgettable
Kung Fu Panda was a return to form for Dreamworks' scores, thanks to Hans Zimmer and John Powell

poal.me/mibyem

>Lorne Cameron and David Hoselton
ugh. Brother Bear writers. This is just as cloying

Attached: Screenshot_20220530-171433.png (1440x720, 1.06M)

Attached: Screenshot_20220530-172034.png (1440x720, 470.49K)

>75 mins and a half without credits
this is too short compared to previous films. Antz lasts 78 mins, Shrek lasts 83 mins, Shark Tale lasts 81 and a half mins, and Madagascar lasts 79 mins. It's also shorter than any Pixar film to that point

Attached: Screenshot_20220530-172814.png (1440x720, 1.06M)

>Antz, Shrek, Shrek 2, Shark Tale, Madagascar
only CG Dreamworks films made before they went public in october 2004 (the announcement was made in july)
"DreamWorks to spin off animation unit in IPO | News | Screen" screendaily.com/dreamworks-to-spin-off-animation-unit-in-ipo/4019487.article
"DreamWorks Redraws Its Future - Los Angeles Times" latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-jul-22-fi-dreamworks22-story.html
"DreamWorks IPO Opens On Wall St. - CBS News" cbsnews.com/news/dreamworks-ipo-opens-on-wall-st/#app