Not gonna lie this motherfucker's kind of a moron...

Not gonna lie this motherfucker's kind of a moron, no matter how much he brags about his unlimited knowledge or whatever.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1440x814, 102.94K)

Don't most villains brag about their abilities and then fail to live up to them?

He was disappointing

Had it been established from the beginning that at least half of his powers were actually smoke and mirrors it would not have been such a letdown when he got out-smarted by some little kids.

i hate it so much when they establish some sort of mastermind and then outsmat him in conventional manner he in reality wouldnt have fell for
Happens all the fucking time, there are locical waysto trick smart people, use them for god;s sake

Id have preferred it if he was legit bullshitting on his actual scale and scope but was still capable of fucking up the universe.

oooh can you give an example please? I like hearing stuff like this. Any you can recall?

Strokepost.

>creates a good friendship and alliance with stanford
>as soon as he accomplishes his goal, betrays stanford by prematurely blowing his load and revealing all his plans for universal domination, knowing full-well ford would back out on everything
>later when dipper got desperate for the laptop password bill seems willing to team up with him
>rather than form an alliance and groom dipper into being his physical proxy decides to immediately backstab him and firmly establish himself as an enemy
>in weirdmaggedon, bill not knowing about the unicorn barrier around gravity falls preventing him from leaving implies that not once did he try to leave and waste his time with someone else or fully plan out his conquest
>despite being able to fully destroy the time police and time baby himself, has not secured a single victory against some dumb middle-schoolers all summer
Explain to me why this "omniscient contract maker" is so unbelievably short-sighted.

>there are logical ways to trick smart people
elaborate please

egotism blinds one from omniscience

I immediately knew it was bullshit when people where saying he was an omnipotent god or whatever around here.

Yeah, no, he's not.

He's very powerful, perhaps one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but his own hubris was his downfall. He thought he had outplayed the Pines family so well that he wasn't able to see he walked right into a pretty obvious trap.

Attached: 1652800281333.png (669x483, 412.72K)

Attached: 1653348535932.jpg (1162x1600, 138.31K)

>Explain to me why this "omniscient contract maker" is so unbelievably short-sighted.
He's only got one eye.

In part, it's at least because Bill Cipher is a sadist, coupled with his arrogance, which is rarely something that ends well for villains. He literally wanted to throw Dipper's body off the water tower for fun, as a concrete example of this.

Attached: ueo0agko82v81.jpg (564x751, 81.66K)

pride cometh before the fall

A smart person doesn't usually equate to a wise person. He might solve a puzzle but be absolutely played like a fiddle by a more experienced person tricks.

I imagine they played Bill up to be this spoiled, overpowered child with all this "knowledge" but 0 working experience or understanding of strategy. Didn't Hirsch say that he destroyed his old universe by partying too hard?

I still think Bill shouldn't have been the main villain