I know everyone here calls comics they don't like fanfic...

I know everyone here calls comics they don't like fanfic, but this current She-Hulk run genuinely feels like a crack ship fic. Continuity is being played with fast and loose, meaningful interactions are replaced with pages of cutesy and quirky conversations, and all the superheroics are ignored because this is a shipping fic and not a superhero comic. Was She-Hulk and Jack of Heart even a well known ship before this comic?

Attached: 8439435-shehulk2022003_preview-1.jpg (843x1280, 230.78K)

Who cares? Jack is back.

Doesn't help that some comics already spoiled they do end up dating.

It reads like a shitty YA novel because it is written by a shitty YA author. Jen and Jack's interactions are what middle aged women who read YA novels cream themselves over. Why is the bulk of YA novels read by adult women in their 20s and 30s anyway?

why does marvel keep hiring shitty YA authors in the first place
an author just has to put in some edgy loner love interest & women lap that shit up

>spoiler
Womanchildren read ya novels written for teen girls. Manchildren read capeshit written for teen boys.

>why does marvel keep hiring shitty YA authors in the first place
It's just one way Marvel is trying to reach out to a different audience. For some reason Marvel and DC keep trying to bring authors in to write comics for them hoping their audience will try out comics and then keep reading, but it never really works.

>audience will try out comics
mfw when i fell for it in reverse when they hired coates

Attached: Mystique.jpg (772x877, 303.98K)

I like it, it’s comfy and cute. Also the looser the continuity is, the better.

>comfy
Whenever somebody says something is comfy it really means it is a boring piece of shit.

You faggots were praising Rowell's Runaways when it was the same shit. It was just Runaways fanfiction right down to getting rid of everything she didn't like (characters that appeared after BKV's run), the Nico/Karolina fanfiction tier pairing and shitty OCs.

It’s an awful plotless comic but the marvel shills on this board are fucking insufferable and lose it any time someone says a marvel comic sucks.

>You faggots were praising Rowell's Runaways when it was the same shit
Nobody was doing this…

Yes you were

It's not like Jen is known for sticking to one kind of guy. Also, I remember them interacting in Slott's Reckoning War so I guess there's something there since he was setting that up for a long time. But the problem is that the comic is boring. Just ship Jack back to space and have him complain about it some more. That'd be more fun.

The main problem is the mystery box plot, much like Spider-Man. It's admittedly a step in the right direction after Aaron's bullshit, but not by much. I want more whacky comic courtroom shit, or Jen road tripping across the Marvel universe. This just feels like we're hanging around an apartment.

There are worse comics out there but this isn't doing anything particularly attention grabbing either

Attached: She Hulk Cover 2021.jpg (1779x2700, 455.62K)

>You faggots were praising Rowell's Runaways
Show me a single post I made praising Runaways.

No I specifically wasn’t because I never read it. And not once did I see anyone praise it.

It’s hardly even a mystery box, there’s barely any plot at all.

The slow pacing is more forgivable when it was an ongoing series rather than a mini. Same with the focus on romantic relationships.

>The slow pacing is more forgivable when it was an ongoing series
It is an ongoing, it being listed as a 5-issue mini was a mistake. Issue 6 was solicited last week.

I’d rather read something comfy and boring than generic action schlock or whatever retarded powerlevel bullshit Cates is doing right now.

This is a period of healing for the character. The show seems to be following most of the original beats associated with the character, so we're slowing getting back on track. The problem? Marvel Comics isn't offering a substantial story to keep readers. Get Nick Spencer on this or something, I don't know

It’s so weird people are mad about this nice low stakes relationship book especially after all the bitching about Aaron making Jen full HULK SMASH

Fair point, but it's worth complaining about it being some rando like Jack of Hearts when we all know it should be Juggernaut.

JoH looks like Kilik here