JSA Storytime: Cerebus

Good evening owls,

Last time we roasted Elric, who next?

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-00_FC.jpg (1200x1827, 381.73K)

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-00_ifc.jpg (1200x1854, 227.25K)

Hey OP. This is my first time in these threads in like 9 months, I'm glad they're still going. How are you?

Hi, I'm not bad. Been pretty stressed out the past few months in particular, and some really nasty pain issues since last year, but I'm trying. It's nice to be remembered here.

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-00_intro1.jpg (1200x1841, 403.12K)

Hello, Storyteller.

Trails Update! I finished CS2, despite the game's best efforts otherwise. I made some notes elaborating on that. This game was a trip, and I did like it despite its flaws.

Pocket watch quest. Irina's character confuses me. So clearly she DOES care about Alisa, and yet treats her like shit anyway? I mean I guess that's realistic, but geez. Bit too real, I dunno.

These mini dungeons are the worst. Falcom, I seriously need you to knock it off with all the padding. It's not fun. Well at least something kind of interesting happened at the end there!

Well, I say that, but this attempt at developing Emma's character falls flat for me. She's had very little focus, and so I'm just not that attached to her. Again, she should've been in the prologue.

Also, this boss fight was surprisingly easy. I expected Vita's familiar to be way tougher, but, no, not really. That's kinda weird, but I'll take it.

Oh, and on the subject of padding, why did we bother making the broadsword? You could've easily cut the first shrine entirely, since it was totally pointless. Nice to see a proper weeb sword though.

Wait, what? Wouldn't a better appeal for delaying the attack be the Crimson Wings and RMP have a better shot at Trista together? This 'dream' thing is just silly.

Wait, that's it? Yeah, I get the Alliance pulled their forces, but that was just a mech battle and a piss easy fight with Patrick and friends. I'm not even mad, just confused.

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-00_intro2.jpg (1200x1859, 250.21K)

End of act. This new structure is taking me a bit to get used to, but it's not a problem or anything. Also, Towa falling over from the recoil of her s-craft is simply darling.

New chapter, act rather. Hey, Lecther. So all the shit in Crossbell is done. I will laugh so hard if KeA turned out to have some influence on events over here.

Really, Rean? You're seriously gonna go for the Talk no Jutsu on Crow, huh? I'd be mad if I thought were anything other than a dumb weeb.

... Did Valimar just "haha"? Okay, admittedly, it's kind of charming when he does it because he's stiffly trying to fit in and bond. Also, the hahas haven't been as frequent, to be honest.

So are Millium and Altina robots or something? I keep waiting for someone to be a robot. I mean, Valimar is a robot, but you know what I mean.

So Crossbell got a giant tree, and Erebonia got a giant castle. Because of course the empire has to be dick wagging extra , even on the magic bullshit.

Oh boo. I wanted aerial battles. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to animate the models floating. Oh well, that'll almost certainly happen in the next game.

"Now THIS is a final dungeon!" ... Thanks, Milly. Glad to see you're suddenly aware you're in a video game. Why are Trails final dungeons so damn long?

Mueller is only just NOW showing up? Wow, Storyteller, your boy got shafted real bad. Same for Ollie too, honestly. Despite being the one running this show, he's done next to jack shit.

The hell do they mean by "bring the boss back"? Shit's gonna get REAL fucking whacky in 3, isn't it?

So wait, is McBurn a literal demon? As in from actual Gehenna? I thought he was another synthetic Sept-Terrion or something.
But apparently I was way off.

Falcom. Why are you like this? Why do you insist on making your final dungeons so long? That was like five and a half hours, you sadistic freaks. Fuck you.

Seriously, is Rean seriously the doing this with Crow? You know he's a terrorist who helped start a civil war, right? ... Rean really is a dumb weeb.

Vita... I don't get you. Seriously, am I just being stupid and missing something? It's like she can't decided if she's evil or not. Especially with this last bit apparently going off the rails.

I'm sorry that it's been a rough time. It's my first time on Any Forums at all in a few months and I see the board is just basically no longer about comics - so your dedication to the format is definitely worth remembering.

McBurn is something very, very strange

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-01.jpg (1200x1843, 479.41K)

Okay, I do legitimately love that our heroes don't really give a single haypenny fuck about the Duke. Sharing the sentiments of the audience, frankly.

The ancient harbinger of the apocalypse is a giant robot. Took Gundam until the 201os to pull that one. Though Testa-Rossa does have some Devil Gundam vibes.

Yo, playable Odine. Let's fucking go. To be perfectly obvious, I wish this had happened sooner. Having other PCs get their own mechs is a good way to mix things up more.

So there's just no sense of betrayal? No hard feelings at all? They're all happy to just stand around and bid him farewell, and even defend his honor, I guess.

Um, hi, Rufus. You're here. And you brought Gil with you. Not sure why everyone's so surprised he's here. Didn't they play Azure? Fuckin' Cold Steel secondaries.

He's hijacking Ouroboros' plan? Okay? Honestly, it was never entirely clear what the Phantasmal Blaze plan is even really supposed to be, but I guess this is badass.

... Whaaaaaaaaat. Rean was Osbourne's secret son the whole time, and everything he did was part of the keikaku? So our hero had no real agency. Goddammit.

:D

Can I give you one leading question?

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-02.jpg (1200x1834, 504.04K)

... Oh! We actually get to see the occupation! Also, I know you don't know any better Rean, but still fuck you for helping Osbourne occupy Crossbell.

Oh, the city and all the familiar faces look so good in 3D. Still mad we didn't get a third Crossbell game.

Fuck you, Rufus. Hi Grace! Oh how I missed you. Hey, and we're actually referencing Reins' contacts with Richard. Nice. Goddamn, the city looks great as well.

Yo, the Geofront theme is still go- Lloyd! Rixia! Okay, so this is immediately the best part of the game, no contest. And once again, the pronunciations are fucking with me.

Okay, is it just me, or are the writers shipping this? Yes, Rixia always had a thing for him, and Lloyd is... Lloyd, but this feels like it's supposed to be a thing.

Ooooo! Rean himself is the final boss. Y'know what, I might have to take back my complaint if this is where they're taking his character. Redemption arc incoming?

Okay, as cool as the idea is, this fight is some BULLSHIT. Fighting other MCs sucks ass, because Rean still has all his busted protagonist powers. And he hasn't even ogred yet!

Wow, this "Am I the bad guy?" thing Rean's got going n makes him a damn sight more interesting than before. I really wish this was present from the start.

Hold on, is Gaius, Mr. MUH COUNTRY just chill with Rean after, y'know... all of that shit? That's a BIT questionable, but okay. Then again, the writers don't give a shit about Gaius, so...

Hey! Knock it off with the Sara bullying. Seriously, the hell is up with everyone always giving Sara shit? This can't be a christmas cake thing, because they don't do this with Claire. Hypocrites.

Wow, this some severe cope. "No Rean, don't feel bad. If you hadn't helped occupy Crossbell, it would've been much worse!". Not exactly wrong, but still cope.

... Oof, the game just kind refuses to end, huh? Look, you managed to pull off a decently satisfying conclusion, and I kinda wanna get out of here. ... Please?

Please do.

What makes the Divine Knights work?

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-03.jpg (1200x1875, 419.46K)

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-04.jpg (1200x1838, 445.86K)

>Bran Mac Muffin
God damn it Dave.

Oh fuck off. I don't want to go to the Old Schoolhouse. I hate that place. ... Oh what fresh hell is this? And of course most of the PCs are here. Goddammit.

So after that grueling hour or two, the alleged final boss claims there's no actual reason for any of this. ... GREAT.

Not to shit on this heartfelt moment, but you guys do remember you have each others' cell numbers, right? Okay, you do. Good. Also, ghost Crow, I guess?

Aww! That was actually really sweet what they did there for Sara. And OH THANK FUCK. At ending number three, we finally hit credits. Cold Steel 1&2 are good, if very flawed games.

So I've been told there's some NG+ stuff I need to watch. Ah, so Thomas is a Grail Knight, and Rosine is his squire. That explains a lot.

So yeah, like I said, while I had some problems with it, I did overall enjoy CS2. Also, that Dark Dragon from the Black Records is totally gonna be a thing later, isn't it?

Thomas and Makarov are delightfully funny together

(also Thomas is terrifyingly powerful)

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-05.jpg (1200x1865, 463.21K)

Yeah, this is the Rescue Rangers hate board now. It’s part of the reason the board should split. The cartoon side has zero restraint.

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-06.jpg (1200x1836, 475.64K)

>What makes the Divine Knights work?
Awakeners. Also they seem to need a fair amount of mana. ... There are at least two things you're implying with that, and it's probably both.

All splitfags must hang.

what the fuck

:)

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-07.jpg (1200x1844, 462.92K)

Impressed they were able to reach an even further down low honestly.

So you're starting CS3 next, right?

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-08.jpg (1200x1845, 411.53K)

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-09.jpg (1200x1848, 466.69K)

Cartoon pedis need their own board where they can talk about their fly-sex and whatnot.
they're repulsive.

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-10.jpg (1200x1839, 396.86K)

I thought it was 6:25!!

What's up.

I was thinking about how good those Transformers comics we read are the other day and was just getting furious.

It is unbelievable.

Attached: Cerebus Bi-Weekly 05-11.jpg (1200x1853, 431.53K)

Oh yeah. Probably very soon, actually. Despite the ending fatigue from CS2, I'm weirdly in the mood for more. Part of it is because I already know certain characters from previous arcs are in it, and I'm genuinely interested in this new direction for Rean.

By the way, how have you been lately? Did your thing go well?