What jaded you to capeshit?

Have you become jaded by the state of the industry? To the loop of non-consequential death, rehashed plots, disrespect to original creators and fans, outrage-baiting changes to characters and constant virtue signalling, and the lack of decency to even write good?

What was the point where the rose-tinted glasses fell off?

Attached: 1524872381790[1].jpg (500x669, 71.31K)

im baman
im piderman

Attached: 9154079a02413b4cd9fd904ee0ea9d54.jpg (200x200, 13.89K)

The constant pumping and pumping of all of it. Before 2008 how many capeshit films were there? Not that much, and it's better that way, just like people get tired of westerns people get tired of capeshit. Also since there were less of them compared to today, they put more care into things

The new 52 which put me off comics for five years, followed by heroes in crisis was the final straw.

New52 sucked ass.
Rebirth brought me back.
Superman's gay.

Civil War was my breaking point. Things were going downhill for a while with Disassembled and House of M and whatnot, but Civil War was the point where I couldn't stick my head in the sand with other books to pretend the problem didn't affect me.

Psst hey kid
Take the Superboy Prime pill and drop capeshit once and for all. Mainstream comics by the big two are fucking god awful, you're better off with indie stuff instead.

Attached: 1651577811421.jpg (1987x3056, 1.69M)

so why are you here? I see you in a bunch of marvel/dc threads advocating prime pill

Weekly world ending events and the shrinking of character focus in the nu52.

>fall in love with neat obscure characters from cartoons and post crisis characters

>they literally do nothing while Barry, Clark, Bruce, and Hal clog up the entire team and event books doing the same boring shit they usually do because writers cant move on past these characters and DC is scared shitless of letting lesser known heroes lead event books

Once i came to realize this pre-rebirth o dropped all of my DC shit. I just roll my fucking eyes everytime the same story and storyline gets retreaded again and again now. DCAU put expectations in me that DC had no intentions in fulfilling.

DC books are a waste of paper.

Attached: 1652669023380.jpg (1080x1088, 114.59K)

You're thinking of a different user. This is the first time I posted this pic.

OMD
Where they wrote the dumbest out-of-character shit to make an editorial mandate happen.
That being said, I've still enjoyed some runs, but OMD was a watershed moment for me

Extra based, wheres this from?

I'm already here. Just waning off of my capeshit addiction. I'm trying to start off with euro shit. And making up for the lack of cape shit with Dynamite cooomer bait.

Its been rough. While i dont give a single shit about DC anymore, my ears still perc up after hearing or seeing certain characters getting books or some focus. I'd be completely off DC right now if I didnt have small aspirations ot fixing their shit in my vision and curiosity about how they handle stuff like Milestone. Part of me wants to transition into a Marvel fag but i know fully well I'm just not that.

Fuck the saturation of the markets really fucked everything up.

Attached: m1fz36ce6cw81.jpg (360x450, 22.29K)

Reading stuff that isn't capeshit while most people who want to say something about western comics only care about capeshit. I still like superhero comics but Christ.

It is baffling how many of you retards are still to this day misinterpreting the entire message of that issue.

One of the tie in to Death Metal.

Pretty sure Snyder or King wrote this one

FPBP

Wasn't the message "stop reading capeshit and touch grass"?

That and stop being emotional ly invested in cape shit

>A. Nick Beard
Attention to detail like that is what I live for

The trick is, don't read modern capes. Keep reading the classic runs.