Why did DC You fail? I thought it was pretty good

Why did DC You fail? I thought it was pretty good.

Attached: f027afecc62260999edd5113d6b646e01afa3d1d_hq.jpg (640x640, 118.47K)

Nothing last forever.

Mostly because imo half the push was books that were already doing well like Grayson and Snyder Bats, also convergence being the third straight New 52 event to do poorly probably had editors really wanting to rush out something new. Also the unfortunate fact of comics is that pretty much any event fallout books no matter their quality are doomed to an early grave

That Starfire book was the last DC comic I bought, art was good but it was kinda boring

As a cape comic it felt really halfhearted and I’m nit sure who it was for, but it was pretty.

false fans that was the reason.

Because it was too much change all at once, meaning marketing was overstretched, fans couldn't pay attention to all the change at once, there was no coherence to the tone, meaning cross marketing was impossible (if you liked one, you would likely not like another because they were so different), and you couldn't buy the main characters anymore. And some of it was just bad

Did it "fail?" What would success have looked like? It was just a series of house ads for that quarter or whatever, really.

Let's not forget that NO ONE wanted that Batman Beyond book and DC rightfully pretends it never happened.

DC You was like Marvel Now. DC You launched many new comics, Starfire, Cyborg, Bizzaro, etc, and I think all of them died within a year.

Bizarro was a limited series tho...

You're right, I had forgotten it was a mini.

What even was this again? I completely forget.

Nu52, DC (You), Rebirth, Bendis Afterbirth, and now the 5G remnants era. All on a span of 11 years. I guess you can say DC has an Identity Crisis.

Because normies and casuals don’t buy comics. Reboots and retcons don’t work. Just like new 52 it wasn’t made for customers but rather to satiate the normie writers they hired.

Convergence flopped hard and the comics made too many changes which alienated readers. Didio even confirmed the latter.

You would think Didio would be all for alienating readers

Didio likes drama and changing things up. Probably sees it as a way to keep readers invested.

The Martian Manhunter book was very good.

How the fuck does Convergence relate to any of this shit? Convergence was just a fake event they had while they were moving offices.

In the end it was just more Nu52 crap which was already underselling by that time. I’ll never understand why DC thought alienating their fan base was a good idea, why not just do a wide relaunch or an Ultimate-like elseworld line?.

It was used as a transition to DCYou. This was during DC's move and the only comics coming out were Convergence issues. It was so bad that new issues went straight to the bargain bin. And by the time the comics resumed, interest in DC was already down and DCYou didn't help. It was a one-two punch for DC.

DCyou was DC going back to pre-flaspoint and rebirth continunmty

>The aftermath of Convergence will see an end to The New 52 imprint, however the continuity established within the branding will continue onward in the future. After the event wraps up, beginning on June 3, 2015 and lasting throughout June and July, the DC Comics line of comic books will consist of 24 brand-new series that will begin at issue number one. Alongside these new additions, the company will continue publishing 25 of their existing ongoing titles, all of which will maintain their current numbering and storylines.

*NOTE*: Titles are arranged by release date, THEN alphabetically. Also, current ongoing titles are marked with an asterisk.

>New Ongoing Series:
Batman Beyond -
Midnighter - Written by Steve Orlando, with art by Aco.
The Omega Men -
Constantine: The Hellblazer - Written by Ming Doyle, with art by Riley Rossmo.
Earth 2: Society - Written by Daniel H. Wilson, with art by Jorge Jimenez.
Red Hood/Arsenal - Written by Scott Lobdell, with art by Denis Medri.
Starfire -
Black Canary - Written by Brenden Fletcher, with art by Annie Wu.
Doctor Fate - Written by Paul Levitz, with art by Sonny Liew.
Doomed - Written by Scott Lobdell, with art by Javier Fernandez.
Justice League of America -
Martian Manhunter -
Robin: Son of Batman -
Justice League 3001 -
Green Lantern: The Lost Army -
We Are Robin -
Cyborg -
DC Comics: Bombshells -
Telos -
Superman: Lois & Clark -
Harley's Little Black Book - Wr

>Continuing Series:

Action Comics #41
Green Arrow #41
Green Lantern #41
Justice League #41
Lobo #7
Batman #41
Batman/Superman #21
Catwoman #41
Detective Comics #41
Gotham Academy #7
Harley Quinn #17
New Suicide Squad #9
Secret Six #3
Sinestro #12
Superman/Wonder Woman #18
Wonder Woman #41
Aquaman #41
Batgirl #41
Deathstroke #7
Gotham By Midnight #6
Grayson #9
Superman #41
Teen Titans #9
The Flash #41
Justice League United #11

And several of them never got trade collections because the single issue sales were so low.

I have yet to seen a DCYou rework of a character that was actually good