Aside from the huge canon-fuck that came with him, what’re your thoughts on DCAU Jason?

Aside from the huge canon-fuck that came with him, what’re your thoughts on DCAU Jason?

Attached: 0F4975F3-73A9-4652-B8D8-5F95C715CD6A.jpg (668x1055, 305.33K)

How the fuck does he fit between Dick and Tim in the DCAU?

He doesn't. Dini and Templeton just didn't give a shit about adhering to DCAU canon.

If it's not animated, it's not canon.

I don't consider his DCAU character canon. It's on the same level of Jurgens writing that shitty comic that follows up on the Barbara/Bruce romance from Beyond. That and that shitty comic was written like 2018 or some bullshit, neither bi Dini nor Timm

It's not DCAU because it's not animated, so I don't care.
But supposing that he were: I don't really care for Jason and honestly wish he had never been resurrected. He brings nothing to the table, especially now that he's defanged and can't even be a proper villain or antagonist, he's another good boy who used to have an edge. A "Piccolo" or "Knuckles" if you will.

It's not in the regular DCAU canon. It's a separate branch.
Not that it matters, because those comics were shit.

Buy our toys. The comic was an ad for the toyline.

Kinda meh but his ending is good.

>neither bi Dini nor Timm

In this case though, it IS by Dini.

It is kind of amusing to me that Jason's origin mirroring DCAU Tim makes it like pre-crisis where Jason's origin was like Dick's. But really I'd rather they introduced Cass.

Everyone in the thread talking about how shit as concept DCAU Jason was and how it is not canon (both accurate statements to be clear) but God damn all that aside, his design is steaming fucking dog shit

It's kind of hard to talk about TAC Jason without mentioning the canon fuck, since that's half the problem with this version. The other half being that for all intents it's just your standard take on Jason shoehorned into the DCAU setting. One issue feeds into the other.

I don't know why Burnett/Dini couldn't have just set it after Tim's ordeal though. It would've added a new layer to the conflict beyond Jason just being a psycho.

You mean the superfluous highlights, or the odd resemblance to Elliot from See No Evil.

I just ignore ancillary material and stick to the core work, in this case being the shows.

Between this comic and Arkham Knight, there's really no point or reason to force Jason in a Bat-canon when the succession of Robins is already established to go straight from Dick to Tim.

I don't hate it, it was actually the best paced story in Adventures Continue. Templeton really nailed his design though

Attached: images (2).jpg (449x683, 43.66K)

None of the comics are canon. Especially not the ones made after DCAU ended with JLU.
It's just soulless nostalgia-baiting.

I don't care if Justice League Infinity isn't canon, but it sure as fuck isn't soulless.

I don't like anything TAC does with Jason.

>Red Hood Jason in a setting where Joker was never established to have been Red Hood

He doesn't. The comic is an Alternate DCAU consisting of only BTAS, TNBA and STAS

Adventure Continues or whatever it's called is non-canon.

Based purist chad

Justice League Infinity is essentially JLU Season 4.

It's not even that. It's like a pre-JLU episode. I thought it was mostly fine but I also didn't care about the overall story that much, especially not 7 issues of it.

They do come up with an explanation that makes sense in the DCAU. I wish they did that more.