Nerds loved the Strange music battle

>Nerds loved the Strange music battle.
>Normies hated it.

Who is in the wrong?

Attached: FS90uyPXsAAFA8b.jpg (3276x4096, 1.01M)

Normalfags tend to hate gay magic crap unless you make it into a gigantic spectacle where it's like a giant Naruto fight like IW.

It was cringe.

Explain to me what was the narrative purpose of it besides just being cool. Why music? Strange was never an awfully musical character. It's just so random. It would be one thing if someone like Ghost Rider fought his evil counterpart and it was framed like a heavy metal duet ballad because at least Ghost Rider's design is very metal-like and you can make some kind of a connection here. But Strange by himself has nothing to do with music. Well, maybe with psychedelic music of the 60s...

You could say the movie was a little strange.

MCU Strange is a music buff and that has been running gag since his first movie.

This. I feel like many thought the same.

Evil Strange was clearly a music guy

>Ghost Rider fighting another Ghost Rider in a heavy metal duet

Attached: 1586224454901.jpg (1080x1200, 159.46K)

strange is a huge music buff and when he lost his fine motor skills in the accident, he lost his ability to play instruments
Loss is a big theme in this movie, and the things we let it do to us. America's loss of her parents created a deep seeded panic of herself that have gotten in the way of her own truth, and wanda's losses have driven her into a dark path

Sinister Strange's loss define him as a character. It's his first sentence out of the gate. "I lost" and "our" strange himself has never dealt with having lost his hands, his chance with christine, his sister, and it keeps him from being happy.

In this battle between strange and sinister strange fight it out with each other's loss. That something of it isnt completly gone from them, through the metaphor of magic

Our strange dukes it out with mozart, someone who kept composing beauty despite being deaf, and sinister strange with Bach, specifically that Toccata and Fugue in D minor which is the song associated with Dracula, the dark dread lord who shut himself down with his loss in his own castle, leeching off others to survive

In the final push, each strange makes a choice.
Sinister strange chooses to go for the darkhold, while stephen chooses to go for more music.
Choosing to act letting go off loss, of being "damned" lets him win

Its an amazing scene

Isn't there a scene in the first Doctor Strange where he's trying to learn the piano again after his fingers got fucked.

Watch the chainsaw fight in Mandy and ask yourself why you'd want to see Nic Cage use anything else as a weapon

Wow, you're right.

I have and I love it so much

it would made more sense if at any point previous to the fight they refernced rune magic or reading music or something to introduce the logic of it, instead you just had to trust that music-magic is a thing upon first seeing it, which is weak world building

*Beethoven

It was the piano he sold when he was running out of money to fix his hands.

>It would be one thing if someone like Ghost Rider fought his evil counterpart and it was framed like a heavy metal duet ballad
Fuck you now I want to see this

It just seemed random. Both of these completely different Stranges, with all the magic in the world at their fingertips, independently of each other decide to attack each other with music-themed magic. It felt like they had to make magic visually and functionally distinct from each previous scene so they kept doing weird shit like this to mix it up.

>strange is a huge music buff
Would've been nice to bring this up at any point throughout the movie then.

>Underrated Raimi Kino
This movie has a bunch of scenes like this, like how they never remind the audience of the broken watch from the car accident, or that Wanda trapped Alternate wanda under a rubble which is Wanda's first nightmare trauma from when she was a kid and got missle Stark'ed. Goes to deliver this whole theme that Wanda really tortures herself most of all