Why are these comics so hated?

Why are these comics so hated?

Attached: sonic.jpg (1242x1920, 494.9K)

Did someone nut all over sonic?

That's the betrayal. YOU did it.

Yeah, (You?!?)

Looks like someone overcame Sonic.

They trapped him in a jar

Because people won't let go and move on, and then other people get pissed off about it.

The era between End Game and the start of Flynn's run was so shit that it soured the series for many, even those who've never read it. Doesn't matter how good the series became later on (really good btw) because it's forever associated with Penders and Bollers' shit show, so people assume it's bad by association

Attached: 0l6ujt14ooa71.png (770x545, 133.2K)

They became associated with furries, plus Sonic just becoming popular to rag on in general. I remember a lot of people discovering it with the Ken Penders lawsuit, and it became a lolcow for awhile, and most forever associated the comic with stories like Sonic getting cucked, Sonic cucking Tails, Evil Sonic technically raping Bunny, it could have been perfect and Ian still would have never been able to save its reputation

It's goosh and someone did it without Sonic's consent!

The characters are goofy looking but they're in grimdark serious stories. Some Any Forums media can handle this well but STH comics do not. It's hard to take a "depressed" or "violent" (put in quotations because it's more like a parody of these and not sincere at all) character seriously when they spout quips looking like a fucking McDonald's mascot.

Huh, guess the mods didn't like that one, oh well. Still, I'll admit I got some interests in how they would go about developing the world outside of fight Robotnick once he was gone and before Eggman came into the picture.

Attached: f0x_b0y01-1496470433952321537-20220223_050209-img1.jpg (3000x2164, 445.11K)

they look like shit and try too hard for their own good

Gotta cum fast

The general consensus is that the archie comic gets good around issue 160. But let's think about what that actually means.
12 issues come out a year. That means for 13 years the series was trash. And that's just the main issues and not the spinoff books which were also trash, or the special event books which were also trash. So yeah, while maybe the book did get good eventually you had an entire generation's worth of really medicore comic beforehand and that's going to balance the scales in a certain way.

Glad I am not the only one who thought this.

Because some of the biggest aspects of the comic were headed by a guy who didn't give two shits about Sonic and was only working on it because they let him do whatever he want with Knuckles.

Then he was booted off the comic and it suddenly got really good.

Fucking calm yourself OP, there's already two active threads complaining about the comics on Any Forums.

Attached: 41786a7.png (444x331, 166.43K)

Didnt they have Sonic Universe as a parallel release ?

No one wants to move on to a shittier comic.

Only an issue during the Penders years