Was making all the different lantern corps colors a mistake...

Was making all the different lantern corps colors a mistake? Much like how Dragonball Super diluted the uniqueness of Super Saiyan by making all sorts of rainbow colored forms, has the uniqueness of the Green Lanterns also been diluted?

Attached: lantern-corps-e1433507752451.jpg (940x470, 199.43K)

no because no one does anything with them

>3 colors
okay building a GLC equivalent but with Sinestro's yellow ring and the Star Sapphires, makes sense to me
>7 colors
that's a bit too much but at least it rounds out nicely
>Black and White Lanterns
those aren't even real colors, and life and death aren't emotions, you should probably stop now
>Ultraviolet
>Gold
??????????

you forgot one

Attached: phantom lantern.jpg (701x1080, 356.9K)

Everything about modern big 2 comics is diluted

Seven doesn’t round out you’re just a Johnsfag who liked his run so you don’t want to admit it’s retarded.

The first 7 are cool, and I wish they'd do more with them. I feel like the additional 6 are unique enough to not step on the toes of green, with each of them having their own specific ups and downs while cementing will as the dead c enter of the emotional spectrum.

Attached: lantern emotional spectrum.jpg (500x312, 27.83K)

No, but I do think Johns ruined GL.

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (285x381, 38.69K)

it was cool at first, but got stupid real fast.

Yeah I liked the original Skittle Squad

>7 colors = 7 chakras
>black and white = wickedness and holiness (left-hand path, right-hand path)
>green (the Green Man) in the middle = narrow/center path

The only one of the 7 that is outright shit is indigo. The original 3 are all great, red is cool and blue is a good counterpart to it, and orange is inoffensive because it's just one dude. Johns also wrote BN and BD so what you're saying makes no fucking sense

>Was making all the different lantern corps colors a mistake?
100% yes.

Rebirth was pretty shit, but gl at the time kind of sucked, so I get it, and everything leading up to Sinestro Corps war was pretty decent cosmic comics. The Green Lantern Corps book that was coming out at the time was pretty good.

But everything that has come after has been such hot garbage, to the point that I haven't even been able to get into Morrison's run. The last fifteen or so years really just obliterated my interest in the character/characters.

>green lanterns
>7 out of 8 aren't green
Wtf?

Attached: 62A4AE98-F7D4-4363-8BFB-54E1AB95CBF9.gif (660x520, 2.56M)

Blue is kinda cucked just being the support power of green

I like this spread. If they had been able to make themselves stop here, and just make interesting characters with allegiance to these colors, it would have been good. But of course, the writers each decided that the way to leave a legacy and get those royalties was to have their own new corps. Starting with Bendis and Teen Lantern, almost inevitably.

good thing only one of them is called the green lantern corps, dumbfuck.

remember the lantern avatars too?

Attached: lantern avatars.jpg (640x960, 143.2K)

Blue have plenty of useful abilities, they just don't have any offensive power on their own.

Attached: blue_lantern_ring_by_jeremymallin-d41j1a5.jpg (1131x707, 56.88K)

Pure narutard pandering

I know this is bait but the reason the extra Super Saiyan forms suck is because narratively there's no difference between them. They're just different colors so they can sell more recolored merchandise. It doesn't matter what form the character is in at all because the narrative is always the same like how when SSGSS was Goku's most powerful form Krillen was still able to put up a with with him. If he was in base form, SS1, SS2, or SSG the fight would've played out exactly the same.
The Lantern Corps are completely different organizations entirely with different, members, motivations, origins, power sources, and powers. There's literally no comparison and it's impossible to simply replace one lantern with another without breaking the narrative.

>you’re right I’m a Johnstard but stop saying it please.

>Blue have plenty of useful abilities
like healing? They're support characters, they're a useless corps by themselves.

This

Healing is literally the most useful single power you can have.

Blue and indigo should be switched. Empathy fuels Blue to fight for others, while Indigo is powered by Faith--which is why they're mindless thralls.

Also, give Blue offensive abilities--just ones that are a bit weaker.

Needed grey lanterns

Attached: hT27OSj0MDm0qGdmlBHRDMeSY7wzeY5S5pskrNmrS8I.png (500x375, 43.88K)

The rainbow lanterns are cool when writers remember they don't work the same way. It's only boring when they're all treated as green lanterns with a different coat of paint.
Some of them aren't even supposed to make constructs.

I personally liked the Orange Lanterns, (mainly Larfleeze, I just love retards like him) but thats just me

This maybe they can heal Jon and Alan and make them straight again