It's always "what if Superman was evil" deconstruction

>it's always "what if Superman was evil" deconstruction
>it's never a street level hero that turns evil
I'm so tired of it all. Ooohhhh the godlike baddie superspeeds directly to the victims in a blink of an eye and laser blasts them!!!!! scawy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1621740971799.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

Street level superhero goes bad. Nothing really changes except theres less criminal.
A superpowered superhero like Superman goes bad? It's literally everyones problem.

We've had 2 evil/jerkass Captain America in the last year, get on with the times.

Captain Walker and who else?

Peacemaker

The Suicide Squad are good guys though

Hydra Cap in the comics. And Soldier Boy is coming up in the boys TV show.

>a street level hero that turns evil
Those are called supervillains.

He's more of a well intentioned Anti-Hero than a straight up villain though

John Walker was the best character in Falcon and Winter Soldier and the show shit on him. What a fucking disaster.

One problem with Injustice as a deconstruction is that it's not just Superman who is corrupted - characters are arbitrarily selected to be on his side. I think it's more interesting if only one character falls. Some vague ideas:
If Green Arrow turns evil, he'd become a Batman villain, or otherwise be tied to Batman like Deathstroke has become. Honestly, he'd probably be like Season 1 Arrow - just killing corrupt rich people and their security, along with anyone who gets in the way. Maybe he joins the Suicide Squad at some point.
If Plastic Man turned evil he'd become an unstoppable menace - a Silver Age type villain, constantly robbing banks and generally doing whatever he wants. Either he'd become a regular Justice League villain or just a Superman villain - someone he has to take care of every few months like Mr. Mxyz but can't permanently stop.
If Wonder Woman turned evil she'd definitely try the dictator angle, but it wouldn't work so well. At best she'd become like Black Adam, creating/conquering a small state in Man's World to make her utopia. At worst she'd try to brainwash and enslave mankind.
That's all I got.

Pretty much. A street level hero going evil means some other hero got a new villain in their rogue's gallery.

I am honestly surprised that "Superhero team but only one of them is good" has been tried. Like, what if everyone in the JL was evil except for supes or bats. Or what if a street-level guy is the only good cape and has to take on a whole league of villainy or dickish supes. The only thing even close to that is the Boys.

Suicide Squad sort of plays with that, there's usually one hard nosed Superhero type to keep the villains in line when they're out in the field.
I do like the idea because it basically allows for Bad Guy office Politics like in TF, GI Joe or Beast Wars; and them also somehow working together to SAVE THE DAY! or outsmart their tard wrangler Hero leader.

He was an outright villian in his (DC) debut in Vigilante.

Speaking of evil Superman, I had an idea the other day. What if Superman wasn't evil per se, but was a control freak who can't handle people trying to defend themselves without his participation and also wasn't efficient at neutralizing threats with any reliability. Basically like any real superhero whose rogue gallery keeps escaping and wrecking havok but portrayed as an actual fatal flaw of his.

>Basically like any real superhero whose rogue gallery keeps escaping and wrecking havok but portrayed as an actual fatal flaw of his.
Isn't that the main reason Punisher and folks like him don't like the supes very much?

But Punisher is an edgy anti-hero and other heroes are still sympathetic.

>Walker
>Evil

Attached: rlly nigga.png (605x504, 215.5K)

I want to see Lex Luthor take over the world, and then it turns out he makes a good leader and the world is a better place, and even Luthor himself learns to appreciate how good things are.

isn't how more or less it goes in Red Son?

He wasn't Evil is Red Son.
Unless I'm terribly misremembering