The original X-Men film trilogy is criminally underrated

People give the later movies so much shit they forget these are genuinely great films (even The Last Stand is way better than most give it credit for).

Attached: X.png (1334x1402, 3.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ
anonymshare.com/pgOa/uncanny-x-force-by-rick-remender-the-complete-collection-v01-2014-digital-zone-empire.cbr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no it isn't. they used cyclops, jean grey and wolverine as main characters when all three are insufferable, then didn't let storm have her own movie would could have been really good, whether it be a character origin story with supporting cast x-men characters or an actual flick with her being a leader of the x-men, because that's what storm was in the comics

Dude, you can't just call something underrated because it's over 20 years old and no one talks about it.

They're fine blockbusters but the x-men paint doesn't make them interesting enough. If I were to continue with the paint metaphor, it's rather diluted because the x-men are hardly recognizable as x-men.

Jackman was cool but to flat ignore 99% of what made the comics cool is an odd choice.

>didn't let storm have her own movie
Nobody would’ve watched a storm. Are you retarded.

i would have. it didn't have to just have storm in it, there could be other x-men characters. x-men unlimited issues dealt with character development. shut the fuck up and stop being such a normie

I would have.

Attached: 1630542792474.jpg (2013x3056, 1.86M)

I liked the opening of 2.

Is there a single X Men comic worth reading?

me too

youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

if you like edgy shit, Age of Apocalypse and Uncanny X-Force

>worth reading
certainly not the shit they're putting in comic stores at the present time

I've read a bunch of chris claremont and his stuff is so lame and boring. I looked up the gambit and storm comic posted itt and of course it's only a single issue.

I always liked x 3. There's a lot of bad but there's also just imo a lot of fun scenes. Lots of cool action and seeing mutants use their abilities, danger room scene was a tease but still kino, the fight in the house with storm and wolverine was kino, magneto breaking out was kino, magneto going on tv and telling all of humanity no one would be safe/spared was kino, magneto moving the golden gate bridge was kino, and there's fun stuff at the end on the island like wolverine actions a leader and telling the x men to hold the line. Don't get me wrong the story is a mess and characters are mishandled as fuck especially jean and cyclops just dying but I still consider it a fun watch. I also feel sort of the same about Spider-Man 3 although not as much. I think both receive too much hate

Forgot to add I was 12 when this movie came out which explains my take on it but I've seen it several times since including very recently and I still think the same. It's bad but has enjoyable scenes and character moments and action scenes.

Ya most super hero movies suffer from half the scenes being really cool and the other half being really bad. Watching these too seriously is a quick way to hating them

I'd second Remenders X-Force. I really liked it and its mostly self contained; obviously knowing about the characters and the situations going on in the universe at the time help, but the book fills you in on what you need to know. There's a lot of good Deadpool stuff, and I'm a fan of him so ymmv.

Cool, thanks mate.

No one ever talks about the wolverine. Thoughts? People hate origins wolverine and love Logan but don't even mention the wolverine.

Just flipping through and the begining is pretty dense, introducing Fantomx who has some wierd powers/origins and the team, might be a bit much for a new reader to X-men stuff but once you get the character dynamics it works well imo.
Heres a link if you want to download:
anonymshare.com/pgOa/uncanny-x-force-by-rick-remender-the-complete-collection-v01-2014-digital-zone-empire.cbr

Appreciate it.

Attached: snoops thanks.jpg (1280x887, 141.5K)

Attached: thumbs up.jpg (600x835, 91.2K)

>let storm have her own movie would could have been really good,
They were planning on making origins movies for a bunch of characters but origins wolverine did so poorly they cancelled the rest

The old stuff yes. Nowadays they're just edgy sex freaks who are borderline villains

>do a movie badly
>surprised at results, CEOs double down on the stupid

of course that would happen