Why do people hate characters that react realistically to trauma?

Why do people hate characters that react realistically to trauma?

Attached: 1627782945505(2).jpg (393x525, 17.55K)

>something bad happened to me therefore I can project my frustrations and lash out at others
I get that their life got fucked and they're all sad but it's not fair to make everyone else's day miserable.

It's because they love to romanticize trauma but stigmatize all the symptoms

i want max to traumatize me

Bump

Well I mean the whole show is Max changing.

In the first episode he just wants to leave camp, and I want to say by the third episode he already gives that up.

Realistic is not the synonymous with enjoyable or compelling

"Edgy" characters are just goths with more red and a sob story.

Pic related? Max has clearly been severely neglected and even potentially abandoned by his parents and turned into a violent, criminal brat.

Yes.

That's weird because I don't think anybody hates Max. He's called out enough that the show makes it clear he isn't supposed to be right, he's shown he's a good person deep down multiple times, and he has some of the best gags in the series.

>Good person deep down
Where?

Bump

Bump

What is "reacting realistically to trauma" to you?

Why did fujos like him so much?

It's because it shatters the dependency-depression cycle that is exploited when these shows and anti-bullying programs try to address trauma

>expecting the fat blue-haired bitches who jill off to this character to understand basic kindness and empathy

Not a disgusting Fujo we are shotafags fuck you
it be less insulting to call me a pedophile

I don't know but it's bad taste
Picrel

Attached: 1608843182856.png (781x921, 630.96K)

It depends on the material, there's a fine line between making someone understandably screwed up and just plain annoying. Also you can do other stuff with a character going through shit besides just making them an obnoxious dick.

Attached: 1635622924663.gif (520x293, 780.15K)

So its not fujos putting him in gay pairings with every other boy even though he steals phones to look at boobies?
👀