Has Rebels aged well?

Has Rebels aged well?

Attached: p10565337_b_h10_aa.jpg (960x540, 121.33K)

It's only been 4 years since the series ended, so I'm not sure Rebels has really aged at all. Overall I enjoyed it and it's a show that I've found has improved on re-watching. In particular, there is lots of art I didn't pay attention to on my first watch but now I can really appreciate how well done the show was.

forgot a sample pic

Attached: Rebels-Secret-Cargo-Nebulas-in-Bloom.jpg (1920x1080, 244.52K)

oh ffs ... and then I posted the wrong image.

Attached: i2rmd342ysb63.jpg (1334x726, 87.07K)

That other one was breddy gud too user

True but one thing I really noticed upon a re-watch was how beautiful a lot of Rebels' establishing landscape shots really were.

Attached: 6wdmu242ysb61.jpg (2400x1351, 300.57K)

Yes, like a fine wine. Things with a bigger budget look worse.

Attached: uh halo.webm (1920x960, 2.95M)

Perhaps not. The whole show is one long plot arc, and once you know how it ends, there isn't a lot of reason to watch any of it again.

Well it hasn't gotten any worse. It's still rancid dogshit, which puts it in the upper eschelon of Didney SW content.

That's true for the OT and PT as well (I'm currently in denial that the ST wasn't a fever dream I had, but even so if it was real it's certainly not watchable much less re-watchable). Or TCW. Or damn near any series so throw in LOTR while we're at it. Which is ridiculous - parts if not all those series I find very much worth watching again.

>if you know the story [MEDIA] then there's no reason to re-watch it
holy fuck imagine being this retarded

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-03-18-06h00m55s312.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

I don't hate this. The cheesy visuals just work.

>if you watched something before and know the story then there's no point in watching it ever again
I look forward to the one gorillion posts you'll write up trying to explain yourself.

Attached: 1525985112937.png (300x256, 87.69K)

I dunno, I enjoyed it overall, but I don't like a lot of things in it. It's cool I guess, but it's not gonna go down as a classic like TCW. I don't really care to ever rewatch it.
Season 1 was really comfy

Meh. It showed more promise when it was thought to be an extension of what was going on in the films, back when we assumed there was some sort of game plan and connective tissue between creative teams. In the end though I just never gelled with the tone of the show. It was a step down aesthetically and thematically, at a time when the rebellion should feel at its most vulnerable these guys almost never suffered a real loss or felt in any kind of danger save for a few token losses at the end. Unlike Clone Wars which actively showed you how big the war felt by not lashing you to the main cast every episode, this show constantly bent over backwards to include Ezra and friends in everything. They meet nearly every important original trilogy character and are party to every important moment of the Rebellion’s development going into New Hope. Ezra especially as a character sticks out like a sore thumb in the canon for this reason. He’s so prominent and so powerful it almost makes Luke feel redundant. The fact that Gisnep wouldn’t allow him to die means we’re now stuck with him going forward, worst of all he took Thrawn with him on the way out so when Thrawn comes back he’ll drag Ezra along too.

I kept trying to watch it, would get a few episodes in, then just think it wasn't for me I guess. It bores me to tears.

I'd throw in that they managed to drag nuBook Trawn down several notches as well, thanks to the focus on the Ezra gang. Since they were in every single plot point, Thrawn never got to have a true win, since you can't have the heroes go down in flames (except Kanan, but he was 'death flags - the character' anyway). So all Thrawn got to do was look pensive 24/7 and say "Soon though..." when another hardheaded imperial officer sprung up in just the right moment to fuck things up, when the new book made a point of Thrawn fostering competence and loyalty in his subordinates. Not looking forward to the return of Thrawn in the Ahsoka show, considering she's Filoni's darling character and as you mentioned, Ezra and Sabine will probably be there too.

Yes.

yooo that new season of boba fett looks litty

It was consistently better than the worst episodes of clone wars but it never reached the highest highs that TCW did

So you only watch things once? Autist