Why did Alan hate Rorschach so much?

Why did Alan hate Rorschach so much?

Attached: noooooo.png (880x830, 694.96K)

Who tf is Alan?

Is this a thread for picrel edits?

Attached: a37.png (882x808, 149.3K)

this guy

Attached: EIJEzf2XYAI1c4f.jpg (1098x1503, 186.67K)

Attached: steve jobs.jpg (1400x709, 181.39K)

Oh lol my bad. Rorschach is the schizo psycho hard line hero of the thing. I think the only one coming out well in the moral calculus is Rorschach actually--at least if we're talking about the end. Which is why Dr. M killing him is funny. And Rorschach wins in the end anyway.

Alan my balls

>create a character based on everything you hate
>people find him relatable and becomes a fan favorite
>snyder makes him the main character of the movie making him even more popular

Snyder doesn't understand how comics work

It happens often that the audience falls for the edgelord.

Somebody needs to redraw this with Alan Moore in the Question's place

Attached: Question thinks Rorschach sucks.jpg (311x470, 40.12K)

Attached: murrayyyy.png (824x580, 690.61K)

He didn't.
None of the vigilantes come out well.
Moore loved Ditko and is a sucker for cuh-razy characters. It's just the politics and the violence he doesn't like. He made him both pathetic and sympathetic, but mongrel audiences focus mostly one on side.

lul

Attached: Moorschach.png (311x470, 366.65K)

Seconding this post, it's clear Moore has some sympathy for Rorsharch. He's arguably the main character and without question the most dynamic. He gets the most detailed backstory of any other characters and it shows how his dogshit life and the horrors he's witnessed made him such a lunatic. But again, like this poster said, you can sympathize with Rorsharch while also recognizing he's mentally ill and you shouldn't necessarily admire him. While he's the most driven and determined, hes also the worst detective of the bunch, and wouldn't have gotten anywhere near figuring things out without Dan's help. He's complex, and there are aspects of him that are heroic, no doubt, but to call him the hero is to ignore that he's also a violent dipshit more interested in punishing criminals than preventing crime

Because he was made to be a strawman.

Attached: 1217806661595.jpg (248x330, 21.36K)

>Rorshach wins
His journal contains no details about the squid plan. He only vaguely implicates Veidt in his "mask killer" theory, which no one would care about since they general public hates costumed vigilantes. If his journal is even printed, it will be a supporting story in a fringe news rag we never see anyone except Rorsharch buy throughout the book. If it gets anywhere close to the mainstream press, it'll be the word of hated vigilante and convicted murderer Rorsharch against world renowned athlete and beloved international philanthropist Adrian Veidt. Rorsharch's victory is purely moral

>Rorsharch's victory is purely moral
Good enough for him.
But the peace is extremely tenuous that Veidt sets up. And I think the cynicism is that even a bare bones diary by a lunatic would be enough to undo the peace.

all the edits annoy me because they portray will smith as winning the confrontation

No discussion that it's a tenuous peace, there are very looming implications it doesn't last. But I feel like the ambiguity of what role the journal plays is overemphasized. It's certainly a cool image, but Rorsharch truly knew nothing and has an extremely poor reputation in any case

Sucks that his journal was picked up by a bunch of Rightoids who based their own Klan around it.

He won the battle but lost the war

I don't remember that happening in Watchmen.

TV show is not canon.