Was Atlantis Squarepantis the first truly soulless episode of SpongeBob?

Was Atlantis Squarepantis the first truly soulless episode of SpongeBob?
youtube.com/watch?v=w0a18a8VHcQ

Attached: 176430C6-4270-4426-95EC-CA62326DD6BC.png (1097x765, 835.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/99423361
youtube.com/watch?v=AfZmqpF6V7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I liked it. Wasn't that guy in the pic played by a celebrity?

Spongebob was always soulless.

Yes

Probably yeah. I'm more impressed by the fact that David Bowie doesn't sing in a musical episode.

Wait David Bowie was in this fucking episode?

Attached: hold up.jpg (1920x1080, 124.59K)

It was "rule of dumb" for me after "patrick smartpants" happened in the same season by the same writer
SquidBob TentaclePants was also famously bad, I dropped Spongebob well before the David Bowie cameo happened

If you say anything other than whatever the first episode of the fourth season was, you're a zoomer. Spongebob was already shit long before that ep.

He voiced the character on the right of OPs pic

Shit, I remember watching this episode when it came out as a kid and I never knew that. Mostly because I'm not really a David Bowie fan, but still.

"Fear of a Krabby Patty" wasn't soulless but people do agree that S4 slips up around "Krusty Towers" and people debate about where specifically they drop the ball or what was 'not as good as the classics but still watchable'

Spongebob's downfall started in season 3 actually. There were some pretty awful episodes later in the season.
>Party Pooper Pants
>Ugh
>The Great Snail Race
>I Had An Accident
>Krabby Land
>Missing Identity
>The Sponge Who Could Fly
>Pranks A Lot

Every single episode since season 4 has been soulless.

>The Great Snail Race
But that gave us the Great Console Race and I'll always chuckle mildly at that

vimeo.com/99423361

Attached: 2034985.jpg (720x515, 40.47K)

There's nothing wrong with any of these.

>8 years ago

Attached: Drop the load.jpg (963x915, 314.91K)

You ever just randomly think about the old Spongebob Christmas special and wish you could feel that way about the holidays again?

Attached: help me to recollect.jpg (1280x720, 36.72K)

All the time. Christmas cheer was the single best high a kid could ever experience. I remember being as excited as a Dr Suess Who for Christmas very year. But now I've lived long enough to become a fucking Grinch

I remember how much they hyped up this episode beforehand with like burger king toys and a big marathon, then the episode came out and it was the biggest disappointment I had ever experienced at that point in my life.

At the risk of sounding cliché, the magic left in Christmas for adults is in trying to make it magic for someone else. The holidays depress the Hell out of me, but seeing how happy my nephew was when I bought him something special actually made me feel something again for a while.

I still revisit the song every year though.
youtube.com/watch?v=AfZmqpF6V7A

Attached: 275098.jpg (1440x1080, 151.78K)

They couldn't afford his singing price.