Memes aside, The Dark Knight Rises is really bad

Memes aside, The Dark Knight Rises is really bad.

Attached: 1629994336575.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

I like it

It's something a Batman movie should never be.
Boring.

It was ruined the moment they hired a guy shorter than Christian Bale to play Bane. All the camera tricks in the world can't hide the fact that Bane is a manlet next to Batman.

White wash Bane too, well he kinda half bean his dad white but they remove the cool beaner parts of him like outfit and shit.

I never got why people acted like Dark Knight Rises was terrible. Sure, not as good as the Dark Knight, but that's kind of an impossible task anyway.

People acted like it killed the Batman franchise or something, but I mean, Batman and Robin exists. That movie is straight up bad, even though I have a soft-spot for it.

I think this was before the culture war really took a hold of movie discussion too, so I can't just dismiss it as someone decided they could start a twitter war about this.

They really should have hired Batista.

BB: 8.5
TDK:9.5
TDKR:7
It was okay. The fight scenes are probably some of the worst for a blockbuster movie ever, the dialogue consists of characters just throwing out 2deep4u philosophical quotes to one another instead of talking like human beings, and the Talia twist is horrible, but its generally exciting, has good performances, sfx, characters, and is ultimately a satisfying conclusion despite its flaws.
Seriously if you cut Talia out of this movie entirely it goes up a whole point, completely ruined Bane’s character and made him a glorified goon and a simp, barely a step above the one from Batman and Robin, but at least that movie is upfront with him just being a stupid muscle goon and doesn’t trick you into thinking he’s a mastermind for 2 and a half hours. And her death scene might legitimately be the worst death in popular cinema history, was that seriously the best take they got? Bravo Nolan

B&R is at least fun dumb kids movie with cool visuals even with the out of character Batman I still rather watch it then Rises again, which just so fuckin' boring for most of it. Rises might be TECHNICALLY better movie but I enjoy less then B&R.

Attached: Death of Foley.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

All of Nolan's trilogy is fucking TERRIBLE.

Genuinely, how can MCUfags even compete?

Attached: 71XKdxX0IYS._SL1500_.jpg (1500x710, 157.15K)

The Dark Knight would've perfect if it kept Begins more comic booky aesthetic.

Bane was right about everything. but it was portrayed as wrong.

Begins is fine at best. On par with the original Thor

Commie.

>bland forgettable movie
>movie carried solely by Heath Legend
>piece of shit movie
I'm sure MCU will manage

It's just an unsatisfying conclusion to the trilogy, and the severe hype backlash it got from trying and failing to live up to The Dark Knighr. There's a lot about it that just doesn't work and it takes itself far too seriously for how silly it all is. From a technical standpoint it's largely fine but then you get to the action scenes, which Nolan was already never good at, and they're worse than ever due to the sheer escelation of scale. And Tom Hardy is a great actor but he and the voice he went with were a hilariously bad choice for Bane.

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (500x512, 79.32K)

It's a big movie.

You fags praise worse capeshit all the time. It’s a better film than most of the MCU and DCEU.

its cool until batman gets his back broken. everything after the broken bat sucks

Bane's offscreen death is the biggest offender, literally makes you go "where the fuck did Bane go" and piece it together with your mind, how do you edit a death scene that fucking badly

>the dialogue consists of characters just throwing out 2deep4u philosophical quotes to one another instead of talking like human beings
Wasn't that a problem throughout the trilogy?

The Abnormal Drug Trafficker is the best supervillain name ever

I think it's at its worst in TDKR because it's accompanied by some laughable performances and an even more overwrought plot.

>can you not make this weird for once?
>I just want to buy some weed...
>why are you like this?

It had the themes dictate the characters instead of the other way around. Nolan backpedaled on the idea that things in Gotham would keep escalating just so he could suck realisms dick and not give us a bigger rogue’s gallery. Catwoman was obviously a substitute for a Robin or a Batgirl because it could technically not be doing the sidekick while also having a sidekick. Bane was cool until he just became a fanboy for Ras Al Ghul, and the twist everyone predicted that Marion Cotillard’s character was Talia should’ve come at the end of the second act not the last 10 minutes of the movie. That way we could accept Bane as a swole henchman/figurehead going into the climax instead of feeling like we’d been tricked. Cannibalizing Bane’s backstory for Talia was dumb and worsened that aforementioned problem. Shooting Bane with a big gun also kind of diminished Batman’s achievement of beating him with martial prowess, and it was done so quickly I didn’t even realize Bane was supposed to be dead. In hindsight the choice to sweep Joker under the rug out of respect for Ledger may have been a mistake, the film would’ve benefited from acknowledging Joker in some fashion but they probably feared it would distract from Bane. The ending stakes are way too high and the whole thing could’ve worked much better as a smaller, more intimate revenge story. I do like that the Two Face cover up became a silver bullet for the heroes’ reputations, but it feels like the whole of Gotham takes the bait so easily based on the here-say of a mad man that it undoes the power of the previous film’s climax where citizens deliberately don’t take the bait. Too much of the story just feels built around convenience and hand waving, which is fun when it’s done to make one character feel mysterious (Joker) but cheap when everything does it all the time.

Attached: D8EFB85C-417F-4A1C-8860-BD8B113AA721.gif (498x278, 2.28M)