Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip

What do you think of this movie?

Attached: MV5BNmE4NDY1YmItODQxOS00MWI5LWJjYmItNWUzNmZhMDgwOTkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg (853x1280, 96.04K)

I think it's about an hour long

Attached: 1336779448658.png (500x333, 20.29K)

it's pretty good. i miss when every CN show used to have a solid hour long special

when it first came out when I was like 5 it was the coolest cartoon I had ever seen

still holds up pretty well honestly

Not Cow and Chicken or Courage though. New executives in charge and Hanna-Barbera Productions getting dismantled and absorbed into Cartoon Network Studios and WB Animation prevented the Cow and Chicken one from happening, as well as I Am Weasel ending only after a few episodes.

Attached: mov.png (761x78, 14.74K)

I love it.

there was something pretty special about a full half-hour. the full hour may as well have been a full length movie

Its pretty good, but it also changed Mandark from "jerk" to "full-on evil"

I think this special is awesome but it really is weird in retrospect how little Dee Dee is in it.

best dee dee joke in the whole series ngl

Its fun, the action is good at the very end but it kind of drags between Dexter traveling to his adult self and old man future. The mcguffin is also kind of dumb by making the entire world stupid.

But the last act is pretty actionpacked and fun to watch.

Attached: latest[1].png (680x506, 472.93K)

It's a great movie and a solid finale to a solid show. While I understand it's part of the joke, it's lame Dee Dee had so little on-screen time. While I still think it's great, Last But Not Beast had a much bigger finale feel to it.

Blame that on the Savino crew.

I disagree, at first he was just the jerk genius show of who wanted to screw Dexter but after this movie he started acting like a full blow supervillain stupid ass costume included.

Dude, the episodes after the movie were the revival seasons. Ego Trip was supposed to be the finale before CN revived it and put Savino in charge. Savino did amp up and flanderize the characters, with Mandark suffering the worst brunt of it.

>Blame that on the Savino crew.

But that's factually wrong, the Savino cartoons did it because Ego Trip did it first, including that weird evil costume.

The storming of Mandark's fortress with the Dexters/Mandarks all fighting each other was the best shit. It felt like the sort of huge, high-stakes action sequence they'd always wanted to do.

Attached: dexters-laboratory-dexters-ego-trip-cns-first-original-tv-movie[1].png (1200x667, 489.2K)

Great but I never liked the ending.
Yes, I get that it being unsatisfying is the joke. I just don't find that funny.

How does asshole boss Mandrake go to post-apocalyptic overlord disgusting flat blob Mandrake?

He had all the food and his metabolism probably went to shit when he hit 30

The part where they showed wimp adult Dexter getting whipped while topless made me wonder if Genndy is a secret fag and degenerate.