”For the sequel I want Two-Face, or Joker, or more Penguin! I want to see Batman struggle with mental illness!”

>”For the sequel I want Two-Face, or Joker, or more Penguin! I want to see Batman struggle with mental illness!”

Why are Batman fans so uncreative? For fucks sake we have Clayface, Poison Ivy, the Lazarus Pit, Damien, Batwing, The Batman of Zur En Arrh, Oracle, Bludhaven, etc. The Batverse is so rich with different things to play with and we keep getting the same FUCKING movies over and over again.

Attached: 5D6F0680-E0FE-401B-8B8B-12AC4C9FAEA7.jpg (650x325, 25.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Blx1KgimDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reeves is the one whose insisting his universe is more grounded, so you can chuck a number of the more "fantastical" villains out.
Then again, he also wants to do Mr. Freeze so go figure.

I want Joker to get the thanos treatment by showing up for a few seconds each movie until his big finale of a movie.
Also I want the sequal to be about Bane and Poison Ivy, and have Bane be done properly in a movie.

Mr. Freeze CAN be grounded tho. Cryogenic freezing exists irl and Freeze's gun can just be liquid nitrogen.

I want for the sequel Scarecrow

OP, I agree completely. Nolan couldn't even maintain the realism thing for a whole trilogy, by the end he had magic karate surgery, nuclear warheads and Bane not using steroids but keeping his video game weak spot. Its simply not tenable for a series like Batman.

Furthermore, Matt Reeves himself has said that [spoilers] the Joker scene [/spoilers] is not a sequel teaser but a direct response to Selina in the previous scene saying Gotham will never change. The emergence of characters like Joker shows her to be wrong, Gotham is changing. This would also be a great stacking of odds against Battinbat, who is now proficient at fucking up gangsters but would lose his shit against a crocodile man or Batmite (who would honestly be thematically consistent as Batman wannabes like Riddler were a big part of the movie).

youtu.be/-Blx1KgimDk

FURTHERfurthermore, I think the changing face of Gotham is a narrative in the movie that plays out in the production design. Places like Wayne tower/Manor are all gothic and old whereas the inner city is basically different crime/noir eras from the 40s, 70s and 90s having a gang war. The natural progression is to go beyond that into something bigger.

Either Reeves saying he's sticking to realism is a fakeout, his statements about the scene are untrue, or he's misreading something pretty evident in his own movie and sticking to realism would feel dishonest to me as a viewer.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 10.19K)

I want a Batman movie where he handles his first super powered enemy. He’s been dealing with gangsters for a few years, and now all of a sudden he has to handle someone like Clayface, Dr. Phosphorus, Man-Bat, Hugo Strange’s Monster Men, etc. We’d watch him throw away everything he knew and think outside of the box to stop an enemy he has no plan for.

>Freeze's gun can just be liquid nitrogen.
actually pretty useless as a weapon due to the liedenfrost effect
someones body heat evaporates the liquid nitrogen before it even touches your skin, creating an insulating layer of nitrogen air that prevents LN2 from touching your skin
you can see people pouring drums of LN2 over themselves without injury as a party trick because of this

also, it wouldnt cause people to be encased in ice, they would simply develop black, necrotic skin
which wouldnt look nearly as cool and wouldnt allow him to do mr freeze staples like putting up barriers or sticking people to the ground

spoiler tags didn't work king

Could flash-freeze a dudes leg and shatter it out from under him tho.

Mobile posting is the curse of the working man, my friend.

For me, it's The Ventriloquist

Attached: 1635681255363.jpg (1340x2048, 326.73K)

No one wants more Morrison shit.

>also, it wouldnt cause people to be encased in ice, they would simply develop black, necrotic skin
Aw shit buddy.

Attached: tropic-thunder-blackface.png (670x377, 323.68K)

>Why are Batman fans so uncreative
No, you mean.
>Why is DC so uncreative.

They have been around for a long time and only need to change slowly over time just to evolve with the time and to give people what they want long enough until they grow up or get bored and move on and then the next generation comes, rinse and repeat. I know people want to think there are infinite ideas out there but there only so many stories you can do with a standard character formula before everything becomes the same thing over and over and all originality becomes dead. This is why people get tired of Superman and why so many people like villains because they are a open book to do new things without the constraints of a hero formula.

Here are the 3 standard Super Hero formulas for characters IMO:
>Normal Universe:
Events in their lives led them to become a hero in some way.
>Alternate What if Universe:
You take everything that exists and just scramble it around and call it a new idea.
>Opposite world:
Good guys are actually bad or warped dark characters or straight up evil by some event etc etc.

Attached: dont flinch.jpg (800x450, 40.53K)

>Bludhaven
Now to be fair, Catwoman did say that's where she was going

Exactly what I was thinking.

cant happen either
pick up a frozen leg of ham and whack it as hard as you can against a wall, and it will actually take the hit really hard

metal gets brittle due to locking up the crystalline structure and preventing molecules from sliding over each other
but flesh is very fibrous with lots of water so freezing it will turn it into a very hard, tough material

This.

A leg of ham frozen by typical conventional means, sure.
One frozen by bugfuck crazy mad scientist freeze ray? Different story.
Shit man there's all kinds of stuff you can dip into Liquid Nitrogen and shatter with a hammer, if Reeves insist on being "grounded" and "down to earth" for Mr. Freeze.

If they want to see Batman struggle with mental illness, why not do the Batman Who Laughs?

I want Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Prof. Pig, Hugo Strange, Ventriloquist and lots of mental illness.