Your opinion about batman's no kill rule?

your opinion about batman's no kill rule?

Attached: bat.jpg (602x497, 109.4K)

its very forced

It's more of a crutch than anything, the writers can go to great lengths to justify it just because the Joker still sells like hotcakes. He shouldn't outright murder people but accidental deaths should be fine. I prefer the way Spidey deals with it, he has the same rule but in a "good natured guy" kind of way.

Attached: RCO013_1468812301.jpg (1988x3056, 1.46M)

>No I couldn't have
>He was alive, I FELT IT

Attached: Darth-Vader-rises-revenge-of-the-sith.jpg (1585x793, 85.11K)

bad

I love the golden age was of handling it
Joker just lived. No explanation

Attached: 703591D5-BB31-45F4-B5AC-B58DD0E9DEBF.jpg (1114x1600, 578.88K)

Gotham spending YEARS tolerating a vigilante that hands criminals over to the police is more plausible than Gotham tolerating a vigilante that kills.

I think the best way to answer Batman's no-kill rule would be to make it his insanity. The principle obsession that makes him just as crazy as his enemies. Batman can't help himself. He can't kill, not deliberately. He can't even let someone in front of him die, he's hard-wired to try to save anyone he can where possible, no matter who it is. It's like how the Riddle couldn't stop himself from leaving behind hints and riddles. The Batman can't stop himself from saving people, even the Joker.

Under the redhood movie pretty much summarized why he has it and why it's flawed
Batman is already going outside the law and is self aware that he's too stubborn and unstable to wanna stop being Batman
Him killing one will just make him think "why just stop at one?"
Basically, the rule works for a character that has qualms with taking a life and know that if they broke it that they can't be a hypocrite and make exceptions to the rule
The other end of the spectrum on dumbass hero rules is the "I only kill those who are kill or are evil" rule when there are people who can commit crimes with having to murder or rape
Or the hero who kills who thinks their war on ends if they kill an innocent
A lot times this happens in punisher and Frank instantly thinks of killing himself.
He's been to Vietnam, he should know that innocents die in war no matter which side is shooting

Like does, basically.

The mental gymnastics Batman gets up to sometimes are pretty cringe.

Attached: batmoralityisfucked.jpg (1024x1576, 533.08K)

As much as I hated Willingham's run of Robin, he did have a good bit where Tim talked about it and basically said "if we killed people, the police would have to stop pretending not to notice us." Personally I think that the "moral" code stuff isn't necessarily bad, but it could stand to have a little of this "and pragmatically it makes it easier for us to operate" reasoning.

Of course the real issue is that Joker has gone from being a mobster (killing the occasional person that gets in his way, but still someone you could run into in a bank and hope to survive) to being an XK-Class End-Of-The-World Scenario.

>Nationalism

STOOOOOOOOP

Attached: maxcrngfire.jpg (564x856, 124.21K)

people really use this "sociopaths/psychopaths cant help being evil so we cant punish them"

if they cant help being evil then they are pure evil and need to be killed

I think it was Stan Lee who wrote a cheat sheet for Spider-Man to Sony. And for killing it said something like, won't kill in anger but will if necessary. And that's always been the sort of best no kill rule there is. Because it makes sense that sometimes there is no other way. And Batman Begins does that with the semantics of, well I don't have to save you.

The no-kill rule is obviously based on comics code meets not wanting to kill popular villains and now has evolved into a ridiculous debate. A bunch of people who grew up with those comics then began creating comics and got very adamant about the no kill rule. When mature comics exploded into the grindark, extreme type, these people got very angry.

At this point it feels antiquated that there are such rules. I mean you have a new 52 series many years ago with Joker cutting off his face and slaughtering people and at that point the suspension of disbelief is just gone.

At this point Batman's ckllains aren't criminals, they are terrorists. Yeah someone might want a bank robbery to see justice but they don't care that a Bin Laden is taken out by a SEAL team.

It's good. The problem happens when the writers are fucking retarded and conflate the no kill rule to having to save the villain. Batman Begins addressed this perfectly. Batman didn't kill Ra's Al Ghul but he didn't save him either. Starlin did the same thing with KGBeast

It's fine if they don't bring it up.
But they keep bringing it up.

And then Carnage immediately got away and killed dozens more. Good job Pete.

>Readiness
>Obedience
>Brotherhood
>Industriousness
>Nationalism
Can't tell if communist or fascist but definitely not democratic...

>no you cant kill Joker, I must take him to Arkahm!

The game was pretty funny where Joker finally died, and Batman carries his body out to the police like a man would carry his dead wife

Attached: batman loev joker.jpg (600x391, 40.05K)

Based Fascist Robin

it made sense when it was introduced, but now that like half of his villains are mass murderers it's more of a character flaw.

"Some of Batman's villains have become threats to the planet" is a different issue from "Batman doesn't kill."

>this random thug I punched twisted one way when I expected him to twist another so he wouldn't hurt himself seriously after holding back enough to not punch him hard enough to instantly snap his neck.
Don't take the paycheck if you're going to whine or pout over the job, shit just happens.

It doesn't really surprise me but it makes me sad.

I mean, we don't need to revel in it. But there's nothing you can do for a rabid dog - the only humane thing to do is to put it down. The Joker's not a rabid dog, though. He could be repaired. He isn't pure evil. There's a speck in there that's a good person and there's writers who've trotted that out because they use that speck of goodness as an excuse not to kill.

Batman: White Knight though does something I really liked. When the sane part of Joker realizes he's going to be Joker again forever, no pills to repress the evil side, he tries to off himself. He doesn't succeed, but it's a good moment. And I think it's what would happen if Joker were saved and the scrap of sanity left was put in charge. The bit of decency that's buried so deep would have to realize the only moral thing to do would be to off himself because if there's even a 0.000000001% chance of the Joker coming back the only moral thing to do is neck himself.

I don't have it, but there's an image where Batman bursts into an ER and demands the staff drop everything to save the Joker while in the exact same pose.

Attached: batmancomfortshislover.jpg (571x795, 138.22K)

Batman not killing is one thing, him stopping others from killing joker is another. Spectre is literally THE moral and cosmic authority to kill Joker and Batman tries to stop it. If the Gotham District Court sentenced joker to death, Batman would break him out. That’s what makes it gay.

>Don't take the paycheck

Attached: wait you guys are getting paid.gif (540x350, 3.44M)