Was it an excuse or a genuine countercriticism? How does it hold up?

youtube.com/watch?v=sLPFIRd0J2M

Was it an excuse or a genuine countercriticism? How does it hold up?

Attached: Drawn Together _ Not Our Audience 0-1 screenshot.png (964x720, 551.89K)

I didn't like Drawn Together, but listing everything they've ever mocked as personified by one horrifying and self-contradictory amalgamation is pretty hilarious.

Attached: 8459456.png (1242x1080, 493.66K)

I've never been a fan of the "we made this for the fans/a very specific audience" argument. Seems like a way to save face when something underperforms or is critically reviled.

I'd say it's a joke. The whole episode is them being offended by an irrelevant criticism and then confronting an absurd strawman and the ending is "I still think your show is shit" and then not trying to even have an actual resolution to the plot.

change the cross to an lgbtqxyz flag and the shirt to pro choice and you're golden

you clearly missed the point, Ameritard.

>The Jewish Conservative Pro Life Born Again Overweight Asian Indian Homophobic Lesbian Broad Who Cuts Herself
How many of those do you cover

The joke flew over your head didn't it?

the post wasn't meant for you

T H I C C

Keep it the way it is and stay mad. I love when boomers get upset over menial shit, it's so fucking funny. Someone with blue hair is enough for you to cry and crap your pants but you call other people sensitive.

Don't you love it when people who never watched or supported the thing you like start making that thing a part of their identity and changing it in the process, and tell you "iT's NoT mEaNt FoR yOu" when you complain?
Anyway, no, it's not.

frankly I think this is fine, everything should NOT be for everyone
I think MLP is trash, but I'm not going to start demanding they change it for ME because I know other people like it the way it is, I'm not the audience and that's fine

I'm so fucking sick of a bunch of retards with no critical thinking who get FOMO at the idea that people are enjoying something they don't like, so they start insisting it changes to accommodate them, despite that changing the very nature of the product or the reason it was popular
to give a recent example of a topic of discussion that's been going for over a decade: The difficulty of From Software video games like Elden Ring, there are a number of people (journalists mainly) who insist the game should have an easy mode and should have map markers for everything and various other concessions that are arguably against the game's main design ethos of being challenging and encouraging exploration
if these things were added, then I, as a fan from the beginning, would be disappointed because these aspects would weaken the game overall; adding an easy mode means balance is now fucked, and adding map markers for everything disincentivize actual exploration instead of just ticking off places on a list
the game is not for everyone, it's not meant to be, it's meant to hyper-appeal to a specific audience, and if you don't like it then go play something you DO like instead of demanding they change the thing I like

I think this applies to everything, people have different tastes, a homogenisation plan for EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE is an atrocious idea, because then every single thing becomes bland

This. DT ripped itself to shreds all the time. Hell, when the reviewer concedes that "We're both right. I'm not EXACTLY your target audience and your show IS a steaming pile of shit", Spanky's rage immediately subsides and he responds with a simple "Well, that's fair".

I took it as a criticism over the hypocrisy of anyone who took offense to one particular joke or issue when the show was so broad about being offensive in every way possible to every party possible.

Angry post is best post.

angry fingers typed this post

Holy crap is that a Any Forums user?

This is the exact same argument from dark souls 1 and before. These games have been around a long time either you play them or you dont.

It would hold up a lot better if the entire movie wasn't just them crying about getting cancelled.

wow, i didnt know the average Any Forums faggot appeared in drawn together

It wasn't an excuse, just a Joke. It's obvious the creators were just taking the piss out of their critics. Afterall the episode still ends with their show being rated poorly. Still the message that "yeahvour show isn't high quality and isn't meant for your audience" is true. Drawn Together is entertaining but if you're looking for something with substance you aren't getting from Drawn Together. Now if you're looking for some of the greatest oneliners and visual gags then you'll find them with Drawn Together.

The first 2 seasons were legitimately good. Season 3 was a noticeable drop in quality and the movie was so cringe that it basically confirmed that the show deserved to be cancelled.

I don't hate season 3, it's got some good episodes

but holy shit the movie is just outright trash, what a disappointment

Yeah, this is what i hate about modern pop culture. Everything has to be for everyone. It just reeks of insecurity.

It's ironic because the movie was about how they didn't deserve to be cancelled, but it actually made me realize that cancellation was deserved.

>he doesn't like spelling applebees
>he doesn't like NRA y RAY
>he doesn't like breakfast food killers
>he doesn't like nipple ring ring goes to foster care
Bad taste user

>>he doesn't like breakfast food killers
GOOD TIMES!

>this was supposed to be mine!
>the drugs
>the sex
>the parody of boogey nights if you can call a shot for shot remake a parody!
Easily the best episode of the series