Nemi artist censored

Seems the Norwegian cartoonist Lise Myhre got into hot water over this comic strip that published in Sweden.

Translation:
Despite that our largest predators are red listed, licensed hunting occurs over threatened species.

Wolves are red listed in the category "Endangerd". Licensed hunting is still allowed.

Attached: jpeg.jpg (980x653, 127.08K)

Is wolf hunting a big deal in Norway or something, this feels pretty tame

Who cares?

If only Nemi was still relevant.

City slickers want to release wolves on us humble folks to punish us for voting different. Simple as.

Wolves are like sharks.

On an intellectual level, I understand where probably more of a harm to them than they are to us but God dam I don't want to be on the receiving end of the food chain with them.

Wolves were nearly hunted to extinction here in the USA. Not just because farmers wanted them gone so they'd stop killing livestock (on land that was the wolves' in the first place), but also because game hunters were dreaming of a "hunter's paradise". They imagined if the wolves were gone, there'd be more, bigger, stronger game to hunt.

Instead, with their natural predators gone, the elk population exploded, they ruined the environment, and their health deteriorated. And they were reproducing so rapidly that hunters found it impossible to keep up with killing them. So wolves that had been raised and bred in captivity were gradually allowed back into Yellowstone. A whole bunch of hunters - particularly right-leaning ones - objected to this and sent death threats to the conservationists. And even though the reintroduction of wolves SAVED Yellowstone and demonstrated how important of a keystone species wolves are, hunters still want to "smoke a pack a day", to the point where it's been an uphill battle to reenact wolf protection, let along get the red wolves back into the wild.

How in the world could mentioning they're an endangered species that's hunted ruthlessly be considered controversial enough to be censored? That's fucking weird. This shit is known. It's in grade school textbooks.

Hunters are overcompensating faggots that know deep down their hobby is obsolete. If you're going to hunt, be a man and kill your prey with your bare hands.

Wolves are needed to maintain balance because deer ain't cute: they're raging, tick-infested hellbeasts that eat, fuck, and shit that will make everything barren

Apparently she had done other strips about endangered species too, but none of them got her intro trouble until the wolf one.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x263, 303.07K)

Did some more digging. The text in the strip was changed for the newspaper print.

Newspaper text:
>Despite the fact that our largest predators are red-listed, there is a license hunt for endangered species. Wolves are red-listed in the category highly endangered. Nevertheless, license hunting is allowed.

Original text:
>All four large predators are listed on the Norwegian Red List for species that are strongly or critically endangered. The wolf is critically endangered in Norway. Still, hunting is allowed. We are the worst in the world at protecting our wolves.

This is absolutely a case of a comic writer being censored for criticizing her government.

Attached: wolfhunt.png (800x263, 117.63K)

>Norway is so starved for controversy that they censor an anti-wolf-hunting comic strip

Kek
They should get some race riots or two party drama going, get some real shit going down

I like sharks. Unlike wolves, sharks and stingrays have an off switch.

Attached: 17DFC917-6EB4-465E-97BA-C4A9AFE0C24D.jpg (1200x1200, 130.34K)

Years ago on National Geographic Explorer that was TBS, they documented nuisance deer that invaded a golf course. Grazing, fucking, shitting. This is why wolves are needed.

You deserved.

Wolves avoid people unless the people attack first. Hunters disrupted the natural ecosystem and almost wiped wolves out based on myth.

Attached: FN7p0HZX0AICIWy.jpg (960x1080, 96.7K)

oh right you guys dont have freedom of speech there

pretty sad

Just issue more hunter licenses, balance restored no wolves needed.
This is true, but it is honestly barely noticeable.

>Just issue more hunter licenses, balance restored no wolves needed.
That was tried in Yellowstone. It didn't work, and only made the problem worse. Turns out hunters coming in guns blazing every now and then only made the elk repopulate more.

I thought Scandinavians were better than this?
>inb4 Johnny Hick says cuz immigrunts

Once russia is wiped out we can turn the whole place into one big national park and let the wolves roam.

Attached: Awoo.jpg (750x1000, 73.82K)

I dunno about Norway but here i know that Landowners on the country side dislike Wolves because they are, you know, large ass predators, so them roaming around makes a area dangerous, and if not for men then for their animals (and in the case of Farmers therefore the bottomline), thay also tend to get really pissed when "City Slickers" who don't have to deal with the consequences of their soapboxing get involved (Consider it NIMBY but with animals). It's actually pretty funny cause a family member of mine was pretty happy about animals, but married into a Logging family and had a kid and is now super pissy about wolves getting sympathetic depictions in fiction and what not.

I think that in Scandinavia it is also a "Race Issue" because the Sami hates wolves cause thei have their cultore so focused on raising Reindeer and consider Wolves getting protection oppressing them or something, was like a decade or something i think heard some drama about that so i could be misremembering.