I wanted to update Any Forums on my situation

I wanted to update Any Forums on my situation.

Last week, I pitched my show to Disney TV Animation. I was given a 15 minute meeting to show them what I had and make them interested. I made a thread here to empty my anxieties and look for advice, and the kindness I was shown helped me. I reread those posts many times before the hour finally arrived.

The meeting went well. I had practiced describing my project and was able to explain it all coherently in 3 minutes without any rushing. I had answers to every question, and even had a brief moment to discuss my background. I got laughs at intended jokes, they seemed interested in my words, and responded positively to every answer I gave. I was told I did well explaining everything and using the short time we had well, but was informed that my idea may have a similarity with one they working on. However, I was told they weren’t sure since it’s not their project, and told me they were going to really look into it.

I’m not at liberty to explain what this similarity could be, but from how it was described to me, I 100% do not think it will be an issue, which I told them, and I was told that was good. The meeting ended with them accepting my materials and contact info and telling me they would check everything and get back to me if they want to develop it further, saying “at the very least we will give you feedback if it doesn’t work.”

This was more or less the best case scenario. They never buy a show in the first meeting, and the fact that it wasn’t rejected outright was a great sign.

But now I’ve been agonizing every minute of every day waiting for the reply. Not only are my hopes and dreams on the line here, I’m in such a bad place in my life that I want to succeed and get out of this rut. I’ve been kicked down for so long, and I want to look up at things, but I’m too afraid to. I’m terrified I’ll be rejected, which isn’t an unlikely scenario, and if I am I have no idea how dark my mind will go.

What should I do anons?

Attached: 5C66153E-3C1C-4D51-B57A-04E11785A889.gif (498x371, 647.08K)

>I’m terrified I’ll be rejected, which isn’t an unlikely scenario, and if I am I have no idea how dark my mind will go.
user, you've already done a lot to be proud of, if they reject you cowboy up and take it in stride. No dream is worth getting worked up over, there's always new options, and no matter how bad your situation gets, if you have the power to smile and have fun regardless, you can keep trying to get out of that rut. Don't worry, and keep looking to tomorrow.

Attached: tumblr_p6iuovXhuK1rstrbqo5_1280.png (1188x1188, 1.52M)

You've already gotten farther than most people do with their hopes and dreams, keep at it user I hope they take interest in your show, and if they don't you could always try again.

Attached: 1624903171197.jpg (493x571, 66.98K)

Good luck, bro

Keep it up sir and good luck...

Attached: 1636252636209.jpg (1920x1080, 787.66K)

I truly wish you good luck! Don't give up.

Dude you actually went outside and went to DisneyTV animation? The fact that you actually touched grass already puts you leagues ahead of us.

Did you try drinking mint tea and eating dark chocolate while listening to relaxing music?

You know how many studies passed on amazing shows? If it's not Disney, there are plenty of other places it might find a home.

homie, you've gone a hell of a far way. I can only wish the best to you, sincerely, which I don't often on Any Forums. You went the extra mile, made your pitch, and are close to being accepted. I won't tell you that getting vetoed now is impossible--it absolutely is possible--but you clearly have the determination and power to keep going on it regardless. If it doesn't work out with DTV then you could always try pitching somewhere else, it sounds like your pitch was pretty damn effective.

Cheers, fren.

>Not only are my hopes and dreams on the line here

good job, but fuck this sentiment. Are you going to stop if this doesnt pan out? or are you going to singlemindedly keep developing your art? You've already struggled and fought so much, take the confidence you felt presenting this with you no matter what.

Trying again isn’t impossible, but it’s so difficult to get any meetings for me “I have no connections and agent” that I never know when the next opportunity will be. My last one was almost getting a writing job for an unannounced show at Netflix back in September. when that fell through I had nothing until now. I’m sure I will keep going, I consider myself in too deep to quit. But that’s doesn’t change how depressed I’ll end up in the interim.

Thank you

Oddly specific, so no. I have not.

That's fair, working this hard and not getting it even after they celebrate your idea would be a real downer. Hoping that it doesn't go down that road. Sounds like you did really well and wishing you well too.

dark chocolate is disgusting bro

Just promise us one thing.

If you get a show, sneak “Any Forums“ into the background somewhere, like Motorcity did by putting it on a cleaning bottle

Upper management for studios is often pretty dense.
Mind you, we ARE looking at things after the fact when all the dust has settled and we know that we have a hit/flop on our hands.
Whenever stuff like this comes up, I like to think of this comic. Not going to post the whole thing, but it strikes at part of what I don't like about "chasing a trend."
BTAS and series like it are good because they are so different, because there is often nothing out there like it.

Attached: tumblr_n3zyfhwa181rpierto10_1280.jpg (1280x1656, 470.75K)

Good job, man. It hasn't been rejected, but understand that even if it is, you know the process now and can do it well. If it does get rejected, it'll likely be for reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of you or your ideas. Every failure is a success if you learn from it and you've learned a hell of a lot.

Almost every bastard on Any Forums hasn't gone as far as you have. You're already worth more salt than most of us. Except me of course cause I'm a pretty big deal.

I’d wanna do a gag where the characters use a site that’s totally not-Any Forums and get some sort of meme reply

Zach Hadel had his first pitch (Hellbenders) rejected and, unlike you, the network reps weren't laughing with him. He apparently shit the bed and delivered one of the worst pitches that Adult Swim ever received.

Anyways, I mentioned him because his second attempt at a pitch just got renewed for another season. Even if they pass on you now, this isn't your only shot. Just don't give yourself a worry stroke. We're all rooting for you, OP.

Chris? Why'd you post this, now I'm going to have to report you.. :(

S

>DTV
I assume your project is about a little brown girl at the very least.