How would Any Forums feel about an animated series set in the Elder Scrolls universe?

How would Any Forums feel about an animated series set in the Elder Scrolls universe?

Attached: elder_scroll_races_by_danmalin_d9brh27-fullview.jpg (1024x631, 158.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5ix0_W-ouI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I genuinely don't know. I do really like the absolutely bonkers lore of the Elder Scrolls but I know for a fact a cartoon about the Elder Scrolls wouldn't have any of it, and would play out more like a watered down D&D cartoon.

Yes

The gameplay carried the last two games. I definitely wouldn't watch "Skyrim: the Movie". It's hard to imagine someone who would make a cartoon like this as a meaningful passion project, and I doubt Bethesda would offer it a decent budget, either.

Sure, but keep the entire cast of characters male like OP's pic.

The gameplay actively dragged down Skyrim and Oblivion, nobody would play these games without the lore, the ambiance and the autism-pacifying amount of freedom and tinkering.

It'd work if you picked a specific even in the lore, like battle of red mountain, the alessian rebellion, the great war or the simulacrum, but you would risk both spoiling the mystery and writing yourself into a corner. It should be a little bit of character driven small scale adventures with the big shit happening in the background.

>the alessian rebellion
God what I wouldn't give to see Pelinal Whitestrake go absolutely fucking cyborg apeshit on a bunch of elves.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5ix0_W-ouI
>mandatory

The Aldmeri Invasion of Tamriel, the Great War, would be kinda awesome to see in an animated series.

Based homo terminator

Pelinal is one of the most disturbing characters in an RPG to be honest
>knows the names of people who haven’t been born yet
>hates elves, takes an elven name. nobody knows why
>has a “killing light” inside his body
>murdered so many enemies and civilians his white hair went brown
>fighting got so vicious he would chew his enemies jugulars to kill them
>is somehow still alive and able to speak after losing his head. Starts saying some gnarly shit as the story cuts out

Attached: FA635E73-E5DC-412D-A7C7-755B04EB6E52.gif (540x300, 2.59M)

Metal as fuck dude

That's why I want to see it, he's got a violent streak that would make Guts blush.

Gamers are proof that the Borg did nothing wrong.

Yes, we all had a lot of fun during the compelling story of the Skyrim Civil War. The gripping tale of going to the fort and killing soldiers until you were no longer killing soldiers. If you had AoE spells, usually you were killing soldiers on both sides indiscriminately, because it helped lower the sprite count.

Or how about the amazing story of poisoning the Whiterun guard captain with arsenic because the logical thing that would happen immediately afterward is the man who sold the beer would get arrested, and then the guard apparently had the authority to transfer ownership of the establishment to a random dude standing in the same room. Those Nord laws, man.

Or how about the amazing tale of how Alduin comes back, and he's going to eat the world, but it's not specified how, and to do it, he has to revive dragons which you kill to collect souls. Man, I'll be telling that one to my kids. Riveting shit. I'll never forget having to "Clear Skies" over and over and one final time, while Linda Carter over-acted her lines next to me. The foe shall taste your blade this day indeed, Linda Carter.

>complains about the lore being worse than the gameplay
>details how the gameplay utterly fails to live up to the lore

You don't actually play any of the cool lore. You can read about it, but let's not pretend the vast majority of Skyrim's player base actually sought out and read most of those stories. Just look how many people think CHIM is referring to console commands.

As stupid as the gameplay is, people really did play Skyrim for the gameplay.

>how about the amazing tale of how Alduin comes back-
-from getting punted through time via a weaponized fragment of reality-
>and he's going to eat the world, but it's not specified how -
-which is precisely the point, he doesn't have a plan because he's not actually trying to eat the world but rather conquer it-
>-and to do it, he has to revive dragons which you kill to collect souls-
-and eventually prove that you are more worthy of leadership than the literal apocalypse dragon god.

>from getting punted through time via a weaponized fragment of reality
That sounds kinda cool until you see it's just an old dude who does a children's reading hour for Alduin after Linda Carter chews scenery and then gets eaten. And then you realize how hilarious and irresponsible it is, because you're dealing with Alduin now.

It's the plot of the Futurama episode where they launch a ball of garbage into space, but then it circles around and it's going to destroy Earth a thousand years later. The comedy is that it's super stupid and they just assume the future will have an answer. Alduin's story would be legit hilarious if you defeated him by sending him forward into the future again, and Parthernax would be like, "Do you think that was a good idea?"

And you'd be like, "Eh."

Honestly it would be completely in line with the crazier side of Elder Scrolls lore if Alduin just keeps getting thrown into the timestream over and over again, rendering him essentially a non-issue. Like after the fifth or sixth time in a row he ends the world just so he doesn't have to go through it again.

I agree. It's funny like the Khajiit Space Program. Some of the crazier lore was like that.

But the MAJORITY of Elder Scrolls is actually not like that. Most of it is taking itself seriously, but starting with Oblivion, your potato face adventures are through a generic English countryside, concerning a story in which you are not the real main character. Oblivion still had the better stories, however - people just don't remember it as well because the gameplay was weaker.

Skyrim has simple yet functional gameplay. I'm not saying it's good or that I would want to see it in more games, but it did just barely, BARELY enough to stay engaging without becoming challenging for anyone. I have a three year old and he can play Skyrim. Will he ever solve a quest? Not at this rate, but he can set wolves on fire. In spite of that, I still found the game fun when I played it.

But almost all of Skyrim's stories are some of the dumbest things anyone has put to paper. I'd rate it as being probably a little below the average fanfic. Fanfics are stupid too, but usually an average fanfic tracks its own logic a little better than Skyrim does. Only the below average fanfics tend to make the same insane leaps of logic that Skyrim does. You just notice it less out of Skyrim because you set a dozen wolves on fire before the next snippet of inane story hits you, and you don't stop to think a lot about how this new thing doesn't make any sense.

>The comedy is that it's super stupid and they just assume the future will have an answer. Alduin's story would be legit hilarious if you defeated him by sending him forward into the future again, and Parthernax would be like, "Do you think that was a good idea?"

That's.... kinda what happens. Alduin can't actually die, his soul can't be captured, he's an aspect of Akatosh and Lorkhan and he'll show up again eventually because he's hardcoded into the earthbones of creation.

Neck yourself Kirkbride fag.

Actually it's possible Alduin may have been Snow Throat, or related to it. Destroying him somehow disables the Snow Throat Tower, and the Towers are the actual bones of reality. It's not ever explained what Snow Throat is or how it was disabled, but evidently destroying Alduin destroyed it somehow.

I've seen the theory that it relates to Plato's Cave, which states people who live in a cave seeing shadows don't really know of the outside world expect by those shadows, and in destroying Alduin, there's no longer a world beyond the current one. The cave is gone and Alduin's role and the bringer of the next Kalpa is severed.

Congrats on getting through all of one sentence, user. Reading is FUNdamental.

Make an animated adaptation of the utter meth trip that is C0DA and I'll watch it.

Attached: 2345353252.jpg (1196x668, 270.78K)

Everything suddenly made sense when I found out that the world is based on some devs D&D homebrew