ITT Shows that took themselves way too seriously

>ITT Shows that took themselves way too seriously.

Attached: EdAzLhQXkAEmGj6.png (1280x720, 999.29K)

Bump

this thread once more?

Attached: HD-wallpaper-thinking-cute-monkey-ape-thumbnail.jpg (338x214, 15.25K)

I wish shows would take themselves more seriously. I'm sick of ironic humor that feels like a lack of confidence in their character and world. Immerse me dammit.

Something can be inherently whimsical and not serious without being self-deprecating or ironic. Some media is emotionally and thematically genuine (and better for it), but that doesn't make it "serious." It knows it's absurd and owns it instead of getting self-serious in a hollow attempt to look more mature and profound (This show) or playing off the absurdity to shelter itself from criticism (Marvel Movies).
You people keep getting hung up on how serious is used as a synonym for sincerity in a non-media context. In media it means something different: that the work is meant to be considered deeply, and occasionally that its presentation is grave. Which is what this show does. It's pretentious and hollow. It's trying to give the illusion its something more mature than what it is.

>It's trying to give the illusion its something more mature than what it is.
I've never seen this show. Can you give episode examples where that's the case and why?

This. I prefer when the characters in a story assume that the world that they live in is the real one, and act appropriately given the context of the scenario. No matter how absurd the situation, a character being able to think rationally without having to break the 4th wall is best.

The melodrama in the first episode with Chiro and Jinmay

Fuck you, Antauri's death and resurection was kino as fuck

you said this in the last thread, do you have anything else?

Antauri's death, the season 1 ending and the beginning of season 2.

>Everyone hated on me for my dumb opinion
>Better wait a few days to make th same thread again

>ITT threads that take themselves too seriously

>stale bait

The only people who think something taking itself seriously is a bad thing are Rick and Morty loving reddi/tg/oys who think a greentext on r/dnd about a person roleplaying as Paula Deen in someone's gritty and serious Conan the Barbarian campaign is the absolute peak of literature.

oh wow I forgot about this one, was it the black one that died? I remember liking this show as a kid

What were they supposed to do instead OP? Tell us the right way it should have been done.

>How would you fix it?
Keep everything whimsical, it's retarded when it tries to be over dramatic.
Make Chiro not a chosen one.
Fix some of the dialogue.
Expand on Shuggazoom City more.
Give more time towards the world building.
Give Jinmay more screen time.

The world of this is a whacky hodgepodge not set up for a more dramatic type of storytelling.

Shiro is cute. CUTE.

Attached: s.png (1280x720, 770.47K)

Read