Gordon was pretty lame this movie. Didn’t come off as his own character at all, not enough scenes IMO

Gordon was pretty lame this movie. Didn’t come off as his own character at all, not enough scenes IMO

Disappointed. Thought the casting was pretty good but he just did his West World voice and got punched, wish he had more to do

E.g. if he suspected Savage was corrupt and tried to stop him getting kidnapped or something, but he was always just exposition man. Explaining the crime scenes to batman

Hell. Maybe let Gordon speak a little about how opinion on all this crazy corruption? Biggest we hear is him going “my ass is in trouble for this” when riddler emails all that evidence from Gordon’s laptop via memory stick

Attached: E84BC321-E39F-4D82-9714-8249B0A0A354.jpg (1800x900, 178.6K)

I didn't think the casting was particularly good but you right he does suck in this movie and is hardly a character, and they don't really explore why he feels he needs batman on his side or what his morals are. Alot of this could have been avoided if they didn't randomly jump to year 2 batman instead of just starting at year 1 where we would actually see the Gordan and Batman tandem begin and develop.

When they asked Gary Oldman to come back he just said, "CHA CHING" and laughed.

He was just there to go "What does it mean?" to Batman whenever the Riddler gave him a riddle, so Batman had someone to explain the riddle's answer to so he could also explain it to the audience without it looking blatant by talking out loud to nobody.

I get why they didn’t want to do an origin story again, but really. If they’d just had one or two scenes establishing what exactly the nature of him and Gordon’s relationship is, and why Gordon is so supportive of Batman for some reason, it would’ve helped a lot.

The rest of the cops are rightly pretty suspicious and it turns out Batman was essentially an unwilling partner to riddler. So I was wondering why Gordon had so much faith in Batman that he was cool with getting punched out to help him escape police

Also by the mid point Gordon should rightly be suspicious as fuck of his own department. It’s head was working with Falcone. One of his officers was working for penguin. And Gordon never seems too shocked or worried about how to move forward. Just seems to think arresting falcons will solve anything?

The characters in this movie were the worst part. Not once did I feel like they were actual people, and I realized part way through that anyone of them could die and I wouldn't give a fuck. The whole Alfred blowing up shit really enlightened me to that. The movie really has the comics/ other movies/ audiences knowledge of Batman do the heavy lifting for its world and characters.

Yeah. Alfred was almost a non factor which was odd. I legit believed he died in that explosion and while I was saddened a bit, that’s just from knowing Alfred elsewhere. I barely saw him in the movie before this.

Also why the FUCK would Alfred open a package clearly from the riddler addressed to Bruce when he’s seen them before and would know it’s bad news.

he was just a worse less fun version of murtaugh from lethal weapon. he even copied his voice.

Attached: murtaugh.jpg (209x300, 12.71K)

Kind of don’t mind a more low key Jim honestly, it fits for how they present the police. Oldman’s version is a bit more confident because in his movie the dirty cops are just dudes on the take in an otherwise functioning system, but in this movie it’s more the whole cop culture makes everyone a prick regardless. Even though the whole force isn’t crooked, the guys in charge definitely were, which is contrary to Commissioner Loeb in the Nolan films who seemed upstanding but indifferent. So a Jim who more feels like the oddball that has controversial ideas about the vigilante it makes sense.

At least he wasn’t a cringeworthy bafflingly idiotic stooge like Gary Oldman though

I thought he did a really good job. Felt more like a real person than any live action Gordon before him. Solid year for him between this and The French Dispatch.

>Maybe let Gordon speak a little about how opinion on all this crazy corruption?
He did. His answer was literally #notallcops

Gary Oldmans Gordon was just like year ones. Where he knew the corruption was endemic and just refused to personally partake in it even under threats of his fellow officers.

This Gordon seemed surprised the police was corrupt but still thought arresting falcone would fix things somehow. I’m pretty sure falcone was right about how he’d just get released as soon as he got there

> he just did his West World voice
Yea, that's called his voice.

No that user is right. Oldman, a brilliant actor, was a stiff as Gordon.

Harvey: Gordon I have literally investigated half your unit for being corrupt you can’t trust them
>Gordon: NOOO ALL MY COPS ARE UPSTANDING CITIZENS AND HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
>2 of Gordons cops proceed to kidnap Rachel and Dent and proceed to bomb and maim them respectively
>Gordon: HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED WHO COULD HAVE EVER SEEN THIS COMING

>Sirs, I am not a racist sirs!

i actually like that he wasnt very niggery

Was the film called, "The Gordon" OP?
No. It was about fucking Batman.
I don't want even a five minute scene where we see Gordon's life or his past relationship with Batman, and I don't need an explanation for why he trusts him. I've read the comics.
Gordon is always exposition. He was exposition in the Nolan movies as well.
He is Watson to Holmes. I don't want a fucking Watson movie. I want a Holmes movie.
Reeves' Gordon is the best one yet.

I wanted him to be more niggery. Not this Uncle Tom Gordon

What? His whole relationship with Batman ties into his relationship with Bruce in the Nolan movies