Just a reminder that this is just Jeff Lemire's reworked Hawkman pitch since DC rejected his attempt to write Hawkman...

Just a reminder that this is just Jeff Lemire's reworked Hawkman pitch since DC rejected his attempt to write Hawkman after the abysmal one-sho; Hawkman Found. In short, Robert Venditti saved us from more Hawksnarl hediocrity at the hands of the writer of Black Hammer (which solely consists of rip offs, or ''pastiches'' of more successful characters)

I mean the first issue literally features the protaganist seeking clues, finding a relic and uses a sage to get answers that throws him across time.

I think writers don't actually have ideas anymore, and it's just dictated by the editors or something; not really sure yet.

That is all, continue with your lives

Attached: A1SsQvaiirL.jpg (2018x2560, 1.27M)

Jeff Lemire sucks ass and I have zero clue why everyone (not here) sucks him off so hard. His GA run also blows ass and he killed my favourite D-list hero off-screen.

Attached: 8303404-rd19.jpg (2157x1228, 794.48K)

I only read the first issue and wasn't feeling it

>he killed my favourite D-list hero off-screen.
so you're just mad?

You didn't read thr book did you? Fuck off and return when you actually contribute something

I haven't liked any of Lemire's work that he doesn't own. I liked Sweet Tooth, I liked Underwater Welder, and I really liked Roughneck. I remember liking Black Hammer for the characters, but I haven't read it for years and I didn't like any of the extended universe stuff up to that point either.
It seems like the general consensus among people who read comics that his creator owned stuff is what's worthwhile; which makes it weird that he gets so much work for hire work.

I'd like to read his Animal Man, though. Families seem to be his strong suit in stories.

I read Trillium and it wasn't that great imo and his art sucks

Yes. I'm also gay for the record. A mad faggot, if you will.

idk i liked his animal man run

His animal man and moon knight are his best company work imo, everything else is fine

As far as the book in question, whatever it started as is immaterial, it clearly was a question book by the time Cowan was drawing it

Now it's somewhat middling as a question book but that should be the main issue

>and his art sucks
It varies greatly. Similarly to Matt Kindt, who is very comparable on art, I think it shows a lot when they did and didn't have the time they needed.

his X-Men was almost unreadable, I don't care about DC comics so I just have to assume his DC Comics comics sucked too

Because his creator owned stuff was good. Essex County and Underwater Welder are legitimately 2 of the best comics of the 2000s

>I don't care about DC comics
imagine being a cheerleader for one company

Lemire is a good artist he just isn't good at action.

Trillium wasn't action though

Attached: 3df071c7f95dfe7dc4e349578bb27555.jpg (1052x1600, 553.54K)

Sorry I don't read Batman or gay stuff and they don't publish much of anything else

I regret that one. I loved him for Sweet Tooth and Underwater Welder and all that but over the years I just got sour. I bought 12 volumes of black hammer shit and when I got to that weird gay one I just put it down and sold the lot on eBay. His Marvel stuff was bad, and his DC stuff was worse. I don't like Andrea Sorrentino either.

>X-fag who refuses to read anything from DC
Could you be anymore of a stereotype?

I remember when people used to say he was next great comics giant.
Kindt is really not a good artist. I can probably draw better than he can, though he seems to have a good grasp on colors.
Eh, they were okay.

>Hawkman
That makes SO MUCH more sense. I never understood why they went with the "multiverseal alternate timelines" concept with The Question of all characters.

Side note; has DC offered ANY sort of explanation for why Vic is alive again? Outside vague "Doctor Manhattan hit reality with a stick so instead of rotting in jail as a fall guy for a corrupt corporate gash Amanda Waller decided to protect because evil bitches have to stick together even if they are trying to kill each other, Vic is back as a reporter and hanging out with Bendis' pathetic atempt at creating a new Illuminati (Checkmate)?

The mini's big reveal that Vic was stuck in a past life/Dark Angel tormenting Donna Troy via mobius loop of horrible death was their way to shut the fuck up fans who wanted to know why Vic was still alive after they let Greg Rucka kill Vic in a permanent irreversible manner via dropping dead of cancer after spending weeks in agony.

Didn't Bendis bring Vic back solely as a super last minute sales stunt, due to how badly pre-orders were for his Superman run?

Short answer, . Vic was stuck in a time loop of horrible deaths, ala Donna Troy in the Byrne Wonder Woman run and his death in 52 was one of those deaths.

Long answer; there is no real solid answer outside time fuckery from Rebirth/Doomsday Clock and Batman Metal along with DC deciding to erase New 52 Suicide Squad and New Suicide Squad from canon outside of broad strokes of Harley being a longtime member of the squad.