Can someone explain the metaphor here? does the panda represent something...

can someone explain the metaphor here? does the panda represent something? the panda that showed up about when the girl would be going through puberty? why would people be so desperate for pictures of a panda?

Attached: 1647487516670.webm (384x288, 663.01K)

they all want to see her period

the mind boggles.

Attached: 1647487725671.gif (750x750, 1.28M)

It's a metaphor about showing off her pubes

Maybe there's no metaphor at all, and you're reading into it.

Attached: Screenshot_3875.png (3247x2119, 2.34M)

Well, it's clearly not the intended message here, people are just reading too much into it.

This cursed image.

it falls apart when a lot of the shit she does is not metaphorical to anything, and how her mom/aunts all got it when they were older and likely not related to their period
it's symbolic of coming of age in general and teenage years, not completely metaphorically, although there are clear parallels (mostly used for punchlines, actually)

i used to do this when i was a kid with bags of chips
was i really emulating putting two dicks in my mouth
the mind boggles

There IS no metaphor. It's just a family thing that happens at a certain age.

>how her mom/aunts all got it when they were older and likely not related to their period

user, that's a pretty direct reference to how puberty on-set age keeps going down. Obviously it's not a 1:1 thing in terms of years being the exact same, but the trend is downward for both.

period

Then why did the mom not automatically assume she was getting her panda form when her red peony bloomed? The mom should know they are directly related and expect panda when there's blood, but instead didn't.

They didn't "get it" when they were older, the transformation is something they all got when they were Mei's age. They just broke the talismans repressing it so they could change again.

These dudes have period on the brain. They just can't let that shit go and accept the panda transformation onset has no relation to it.

Because clearly the panda and the period don't happen at the exact same time.

did you sell pictures, slut?

Mei is 13.
Mei: Why didn't you warn me?!
Ming: I thought I had more time! You're just a child.
This makes me assume they normally get it when they are a bit older and thus not around period time.

But that's something parents do end up saying to their kids about periods too. Did you know some girls are getting their first periods at 8 these days? Average is only 12, too.

Mei's Aunt: It's hard to believe Mei could control such a beast. She's just a child.
They really push the narrative within the movie that they get their panda later on in their years after their period.
And what you said is exactly my point, if her family is getting panda powers around age 14 15+ on average, it's completely unrelated to the panda = period narrative.
So we have the evidence:
>Ming not relating her daughter having her period to becoming a panda
>Ming telling her daughter she thought she had more time before her panda would happen since she's just a child
>Mei's aunt echoing the same sentiment
I guess we'll have to wait for official word from a writer or something.

>Your grade school buddy turns into a huge fucking Snorlax
All of you would be doing this same shit, and trying to monetize it, do not lie to me.

lol glorified onlyfans

it's so on the nose that I have period blood on my face dripping inside my moth

Just because it's not a 1:1 thing doesn't mean it's not there, user.