It's over

Nolan won.

Attached: tdkwon.png (956x262, 71.81K)

Who gives a fuck about some shitty gritty retelling of the batman story dude, Nolan shit is much worse because it was some pretentious bullshit that unironically did harm to the batman image than whatever the Batman Forever movie did. Fuck Heath Leger's Joker, fuck Christopher Nolan, and fuck the stupid as "WE DEEP AS FUCK" story bullshit!

Why does Nolan Batman still being the most popular live action Batman triggers Any Forums and Any Forums so much? Not even Micheal Keaton Batman won as many fan polls as Nolan batman.

Nolan would've lost if they didn't include the White Privilege line.

>pretentious
Why is it that every time a story wants to take itself seriously it triggers comic book readers? Do you really want to live in a perpetual state of being manchildren that the small idea of someone taking and caring about these works as not a joke like the MCU does, but an actual piece of art, is an insult? Do you even know what pretentious is do you just use it for anything that doesn't have quips every 10 seconds?

I think because they are stupid shitty movies that tards think are super deep. So it's that combination of idiocy and smugness that really grates on the nerves.

>they are stupid shitty movies that tards think are super deep.
Care to explain why they aren't? What do you consider depth?

>pretentious
>that tards think are super deep.
And you think The Batman is deep and isn't pretentious? It's everything Se7en and Nolan did but worse.

>I think because they are stupid shitty movies that tards think are super deep.
Robert Patterson Batman fans?
>So it's that combination of idiocy and smugness that really grates on the nerves.
The most hardcore Nolan haters online are Zack Synder fans.

They're as deep as anything with Batman in it. Duality of man and all that. It's not inherently a bad motif, but it's really shallow. Like the Matrix movies. Some basic good ideas that are interesting, but actually just little scraps to hang an action movie around.
I actually mostly like the first movie, although there's still the pointless Batmobile chase and some other clumsiness. But mostly good.
The second one is crap, and has the characters saying out loud what their symbolism means, and from a nerd perspective, Joker does things Two-Face should do and Two-Face really should have been in a separate movie if they were going to do that story. It's just a bad movie. The Ledger performance is good, but it's a bad movie.

The Batman is already better than Batman Begins. Considering how much TDKR sucked, all Reeves has to do is stick the landing and he'll surpass Nolan.

You are being as shallow as the movie is according to you. Explain to me what themes does it do wrong or in a shallow way. What themes do you think the movie handles bad?
>Duality of man and all that.
Not the main theme of TDK at all. It's about the consequences of vigilantism and going above the law.
>and has the characters saying out loud what their symbolism means,
Why wouldn't they? Characters discussing the ideals of a movie is how most works are. The fact you think the themes of TDK are just duality of men proves you needed even more explanation.
>Joker does things Two-Face should do
What?
>Two-Face really should have been in a separate movie if they were going to do that story.
This isn't some shitty pathetic MCU commercial for the next movie. TDK works because you could watch it as a standalone story and could still work. Two Face fits the themes of the story about corruption and is the ultimate win the Joker does. If you take him out for a sequel there is no difference between the pathetic garbage Marvel gives us every year. TDK solves all it's proposals in a good way. The corruption of Harvey is the ultimate victory of Joker.

Who said that i like The Batman you fucking sychophant! you half nut!
>Why is it that every time a story wants to take itself seriously it triggers comic book readers?
Buddy this fucking Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent, it's some fucking cape shit movie that takes it seriously, it's all. COPS GOOD! MILITARY INDUSTRAL COMPLEX GOOD! ALLOWING CRIME TO HAPPEN IF IT BENIFITS YOU GOOD! WANTING TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO BAD!
You think that's a movie? It's a propaganda piece!

Attached: lq2fnwj0nb171.png (500x666, 508.62K)

>Buddy this fucking Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent, it's some fucking cape shit movie that takes it seriously, it's all. COPS GOOD! MILITARY INDUSTRAL COMPLEX GOOD! ALLOWING CRIME TO HAPPEN IF IT BENIFITS YOU GOOD! WANTING TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO BAD!
You unironically need help. And go back to Reddi1.

>COPS GOOD! MILITARY INDUSTRAL COMPLEX GOOD! ALLOWING CRIME TO HAPPEN IF IT BENIFITS YOU GOOD! WANTING TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO BAD!
Mental illness. Take your meds. And you will never be a woman.

>Counters bullshit points
>y-you need to go back to r-reddi buddy
Eat shit Nolanfag

>ACAB leftist mentally ill rant
>counters

You didn't counter shit, retard. writing in capitals random statements that you think the movie does as mockery isn't an argument. Explain how the movie does that instead. You sound like a liberal freak.

unfortunately true
such a stupid line

Attached: 1647292045824.jpg (1125x628, 691.83K)

> What themes do you think the movie handles bad?
It's not so much bad as not actually deep. There's Bruce Wayne and the Bat, there's the villain and whatever aspect of Bruce's psyche we're doing this week, the whole ridiculous order vs. chaos thing. It's all just weak sauce though. It's like saying X-Men is about racism or adolescence or whatever. Yeah, sorta, there's a kernel of that, but mostly it's just silly cape stories. I'm not saying the philosophy is stupid, I'm just saying that it's not really addressed in thoughtful ways.
You asked what I think a "deep" movie is, and I would say it's something that makes you think about how you're living your life or maybe reconsider a position you previously held. The whole vigilantism thing is just silliness, and it's been done to death since 1939.
And generally characters do not say "my purpose in this film is X and I personally represent Y". The audience just watches and figures it out.
My Joker complaint is that thing with the two boats is totally a Two-Face thing. Joker doesn't try to teach lessons, and that's not him being an "agent of chaos" or whatever bullshit he said out loud.
The reason Two-Face should be in a different movie, is because the movie is already too goddam long, my suspicion is the boat thing was Two-Face gag in a different rewrite, and it breaks the flow the movie. Also I don't see Two-Face as a one-off gag as a supporting Joker character. There are other issues with the girl and stuff, but I saw it ages ago, once, and that was way too many times.
It's fine if you like it, but the reason I didn't isn't because I didn't get it or couldn't contemplate the full depth of it all.

>doesn't like how police are depicted in movie
>y-you must be apart of that big scawy group Acab
What a bunch of sissies

Attached: 2239768_netleyboi_you-are-not-immune-to-propaganda.png (640x480, 353.91K)

user, you didn't give a single argument on why you dislike it. Give some examples.
>there's the villain and whatever aspect of Bruce's psyche we're doing this week
That's not TDK at all. TDK is about the consequences of vigilantism.
>and it's been done to death since 1939.
No, it hasn't. The fuck are you talking about? Old comic books were literal trash that had Batman and Superman saying racial slurs. Basically shitty American promotional trash.
>I'm not saying the philosophy is stupid, I'm just saying that it's not really addressed in thoughtful ways.
How? How isn't it addressed and how should've been?
>You asked what I think a "deep" movie is, and I would say it's something that makes you think about how you're living your life or maybe reconsider a position you previously held.
So, you wanted a Saturday Morning Cartoon? You think that's what depth is?
>And generally characters do not say "my purpose in this film is X and I personally represent Y
No character ever does that in TDK. The closest thing is Joker and it's because the character uses it to manipulate Harvey. You are being vague as fuck.
>The movie is already too goddam long
It's just 2 hours and 40 minutes, that's nothing. Stop watching only MCU movies.

>My Joker complaint is that thing with the two boats is totally a Two-Face thing. Joker doesn't try to teach lessons, and that's not him being an "agent of chaos" or whatever bullshit he said out loud.
Your comic books are garbage and shouldn't be taken seriously or respected at all. If that's your complaint then your whole position is worthless. Go watch real movies.