Fuck it, I'm getting fired anyway

Fuck it, I'm getting fired anyway.
Gunnerkrigg Court is getting a live-action series on Apple TV+. Official announcement in late July as far as I know.

Attached: 51+R7nLBrGL.jpg (354x500, 59.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magnesiumfilm.com/blog/blog-post-title-two-z5dad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>live action
into the trash it goes

Is that why he is dragging the series out longer than he shouid?

Why not animated?

I remember Tom shopping around for an animated adaptation, but live action? Sounds weird.

Be prepared to ask this question a lot in the coming years as animation other than Disney gets totally gutted everywhere because to do animation properly means bigger budgets for a "more niche" end result.
In the age of streaming, penny pinching for everything but the established A-list franchises that get people to signup initially is the name of the game

gunnershit fail

But when will get live-action adaptions of El Goonish Shive or The Wotch?!!

Aight I read the plot section in wikipedia I'm ready to watch this shit show.

>Apple TV+

Attached: 1362758352852.jpg (217x226, 16.07K)

Well if anything this will make the ether scenes pop a hell of a lot more by comparison

Magnesium Film bought an option back in 2020 January, may have expired because, as they wrote: "Options have a time limit, usually 18 months."
Anyway, in 2020 I signed up for their newsletter and nothing arrived.
magnesiumfilm.com/blog/blog-post-title-two-z5dad
>I’m thrilled to announce that we just signed the option for Tom Siddell’s webcomic epic, “Gunnerkrigg Court,” which has been ongoing for 15 years, amassing a readership of over 1 million avid fans.
>I was introduced to Gunnerkrigg and Tom by our advisor Patrick Lee and was immediately struck by the emotional depth and personal struggles of the characters. It's easy to forget how extreme childhood was - sometimes endlessly dark, and the next minute unimaginably beautiful. It's powerful to see it portrayed so honestly, and mesmerizing to see that range woven into a world of robots and demons.
>The timing for this story couldn't be better. Because Disney is ending its licensing deals with other networks in order to fortify Disney+, there is a spike in demand for children's programming from the other platforms and networks. And because Gunnerkrigg Court is currently on its 74th chapter, it is poised to become a blockbuster multi-season series.
>Gunnerkrigg Court Synopsis:
>When orphaned Antimony Carver is taken in by a shadowy institute that can program spiritual energy like software, she knows that her near-death experience is her only chance for survival. She must navigate a world of capricious demons and artificial intelligence in order to stop the war between the spirit world and the technological ambitions of the institute. But even as her powers grow stronger, her friendships remain her greatest weapon.

Attached: gunnerkrigg_blog_post.jpg (1280x704, 66.71K)

Okay so who’s the sexy preteen (no judgement, that’s her role) that’s gonna play Annie? Because that’s what we really need to know

I haven't given a shit about Gunnerkrigg Court in ages. Sometime around when Kat became a lesbian.

Attached: 172988 - alistair_kershaw Gunnerkrigg_Court Katerina_donlan.jpg (600x435, 34.93K)

That or completely reduce them to cringe. Disney can do spooky though, remember their halloween land movie?

>Live Action.

I don't believe you. I won't believe you until they announce the black actress playing Annie.

I was dreading that exact notion

Why are you getting fired?

>streaming channels trying to cut corners abandon animation
>their reasons are the same ones Disney used to abandon animation in the 2000s which were nonsense
>Only disney is doing animation because they already learned that lesson the hard way

Not black. They might make her chinese though, I could see that happening pretty easily

As long as they show Annie's feet its good

Attached: 1702450sv1pIPgY.png (700x414, 385.54K)

It's still going on? How fucking long has it been.