People complain about Jim Carrey version of The Riddler

>People complain about Jim Carrey version of The Riddler
>He's actually more true to the source material than Paul Dano

Attached: The_Riddler_Batman_Forever.jpg (504x615, 194.98K)

>>People complain about Jim Carrey version of The Riddler
they do?

Yes, claim he's too over the top

well, I for one cannot sanction his buffoonery.

>not muh

They don't understand that the Schumacher films weren't meant to be true continuations of Burton's films, they were meant to be like actual comics brought to life, Riddler acts like a literal comic book character

They’re not wrong. He’s supposed to be a showman type. NEET incel doesn’t fit him.

I think that the Riddler is hard to get right. I don't see him as a zany hyperactive clown like Carrey's. I also don't see him as as obviously insecure and pathetic like the Arkham games' Riddler. Like, he IS driven by insecurity, but it's at least hidden beneath a refined exterior, instead of him obviously coming off as cringe right away. He's also not just a generic disturbed psychopath like Dano's, who kind of comes across as a stock "crazy serial killer" character.

B:TAS and the Adam West show were probably closest. I think they both also did Penguin the best.

And when I say "closest," I mean "to my headcanon." Both characters have been portrayed a million different ways in the comics, so it's not like the Arkham or Carrey interpretations are "untrue to the source material." They just aren't the most INTERESTING interpretations, IMO.

I honestly think he would have been a fine Riddler if the script had been better. Hell, even the one we got had his moments. They really just should have stuck with the Matthew Lesko question mark suit he started in instead of putting him in an increasingly faggy series of sequined onesies and hair dyes.

At any rate, his riddles were leagues better than Zodiac Riddler's horseshit.

>B:TAS and the Adam West show
Another casual.

Can we agree that all versions of the Joker (regardless of media) work because that's just how his character works?
Except for Leto's, of course.

>NEET incel
Isn't that what Paul Dano is?

I think Batman Forever is actually better when you remember it's a sequel to the Burton films

>Burton films have Batman as a merciless killer, similar to the 1939 Batman in the way that he has little concern for the lives of evil-doers
>Since Joker killed his parents in this reality, he actually gets to see the killer of his parents die

>By Batman Forever, he's reassessing being Batman, because he realizes that his life is defined by a never-ending cycle of violence, and all this vicarious revenge has never made him any happier. Even seeing the killer of his parents meet his end didn't bring him any peace or change anything.

>He's been in love with two women. One of them left because she couldn't handle his dual identity, being a normal, well-adjusted woman herself. The other one understood his need to be a creature of the night because she shared that need, but was realistic enough to know that they are both far too damaged to have a happily ever after, and she left him, too.

>Batman's contemplating giving up being Batman, especially because Batman is interfering with Bruce Wayne's ability to just live a normal life. He has a crush on a new girl, but Batman is interfering with the possibility of a relationship between her and Bruce Wayne. Batman is cockblocking Bruce once again.

>Bruce sees this young man going through a similar thing that he did, and he's trying to save that man from becoming just as miserable as he is. "Don't take the trajectory I did. You think it will give you satisfaction, but you will just fall further and further into a dark hole and realize your life is pointless."

>But, Bruce then finds it within himself to strike the balance to be both Batman and Bruce Wayne. He realizes he doesn't have to choose between mental wellness and doing good as Batman. He can have both. And Dick is his own man who can also become a hero without falling into the same trap that Bruce initially did.

Not Phoenix either, he's criminally overrated

The Riddler should be like Arcade. I want hijinks but I want real stakes.

Attached: Arcade_(supervillain).png (250x339, 176.03K)

I love this line:
"Then, It will happen this way, you make the kill, but your pain doesn't die with Harvey it grows. So you run out into the night to find another face, and another, and another. Until one terrible morning you wake up and realize that revenge has become your whole life... and you won't know why."

my dumb theory is the movies roughly follow the comics through the decades

burton is early batman
schumacher is 60's batman
nolan is 70's batman
snyder is 80's batman
reeves is 90's batman

>The Riddler is too over the top

Attached: download.jpg (285x177, 7.94K)

Attached: understood that reference captain america.jpg (223x227, 8.53K)

Normies always get filtered.

Carey would have made a great joker back in the day.

Always thought he was making modern depictions of the 60s Adam West show. buy much Gayer.