CN Real Thread

Was it really THAT bad?

I actually really liked watching "Destroy Build Destroy" and "Incredible Crew" when I was a kid.

Attached: CN's Live Action Era.jpg (1400x700, 178.6K)

It was bad compared to what CN was like before but better compared to what CN became after that failed.

Sure, compared to shows that came out pre-2013/2014, yeah it was bad, but still, I still had a liking towards CN Real.

Maybe it was because I was a 2000s kid (Born in 2002), so growing up, I quickly became attached towards live action kid shows.

It’s called Cartoon Network for a reason

>It’s called Cartoon Network for a reason

Makes me wonder why they considered making live action shows in the first place.

Maybe they were trying jump onto the bandwagon of live action shows that became popular on Nickelodeon and Disney at the time.

Yes.
I watched Cartoon Network because it had cartoons. I never watched Nick's live action shows, and I never bothered with Disney because of how many they had as well. I was there for the cartoons.
Destroy Build Destroy at least had a fun kid premise, but scripted live action kids shows are the worst.

>Makes me wonder why they considered making live action shows in the first place.
Live action can be cheaper and Nickelodeon was doing well with it as well.

Attached: 1339081200966.gif (550x731, 129.97K)

It wasn't a bandwagon, it was a thing TV Networks with a mainly kid audience had been doing since the 90's. Trouble was, the stuff on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel were occasionally good. Not the mediocre crap of the CNReal era.

That's the thing. I didn't watch many live action Disney shows, but when it came to Nickelodeon, they were well written. Compare the shit CN Real put out against Kenan and Kel, Clarissa, Drake and Josh and The Amanda Show, or game shows like GUTS or Legends of the Hidden Temple. The difference is night and day.

They were boring as fuck and whatever shit they kept throwing on CN Real you can get better elsewhere.

Attached: 6C1CCC6E-8786-440A-95D5-CD9AADA707F6.jpg (1645x1233, 678.41K)

Didn't it cause a bunch of CN cartoons to get cancelled in favor of the real shows?

No absolutely not. Anyone who calls this the dark ages of Cartoon Network instead of 2013 to now is a pedophile defending the literal tranny grooming and critical race theory modern Cartoon Network is.

Yes, Underfist

>The Othersiders
Ghosthunters but shittier somehow
>Survive This
Survivorman but shittier somehow
>BrainRush
Cash Cab but it’s on a rollercoaster and actually that’s not that bad of an idea really, I could see it working on a different channel… at a more interesting theme park… with a better host… which is a long way of saying it was shit.
>Destroy Build Destroy
It’s probably a ripoff of SOMETHING but I don’t what, anyway it was kinda shit but it’s impossible to hate Andrew WK so it wound up one of the more entertaining shows on the block
>Bobb'e Says (yes that’s how they spelled it)
tosh.0 but shittier somehow, which is REALLY impressive in this case, the worst show on the block
>Dude, What Would Happen?
Jackass and Mythbusters’ fetal alcohol baby, the other worst show on the block
And before you ask
>What about Tower Prep, Level Up, or Annoying Orang
Those were scripted shows and not actually part of the block. CN Real was only reality shows because that was what was in at the time.

Is annoying orange actually live action, I thought the main character was some kind of CG model with synchrovox facial expressions

Id much rather have CN real again and have some good cartoons and live action shows that i can enjoy then current CN where i cant enjoy anything on the channel because of how sanitized and unfunny the newer content is

Attached: EC310F9E-2B31-47B5-9987-2E69F19BA336.jpg (423x423, 32.82K)

As a kid I wanted that hot tub truck they hacked together in Dude What Would Happen

It's CARTOON network but, even then it would have been fine if the live-action shows were actually unique in some way. Most of them were just kiddie versions of stuff on the history or discovery channel. Why watch the shitty CN rip-off when I can just watch the real deal?

Fucking retard

Was Tower Prep bad? It seemed like one of the few watchable things

for me it was Brain Rush. I'm a Lamorne Morris enjoyer

Attached: P3563036_b_v3_aa.jpg (272x362, 22.86K)