Any Forums on Creepypasta

So Any Forums. What is your experience and opinion on Creepypasta as a whole?

Also Creepypasta thread.

Attached: 1606965515853.jpg (400x300, 15.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXAHkptkqbU
youtube.com/watch?v=sx3uxgqABrw
creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_Episodes_Can_Be_Found_Again
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How would I go about writing a good cartoon creepypasta? What's the dos and don'ts to stop it being horrendously cringe?

Attached: bunnyclipart.jpg (182x277, 6.94K)

My favorite is still The hash steaming, the crack binging, the bratz fapping, the cunny posting, Hash slinging slasher.

Animate this

Attached: 884C897F-6993-4ED2-82A2-B336AF4A98CE.jpg (3024x1719, 1.48M)

Photo realistic blood is a must, and make sure there's tons of gore. That shit is spooky as fuck my dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=UXAHkptkqbU

Attached: creepypasta.png (623x2515, 46.99K)

Could this work as a anime/manga style or cartoon/comic style?

Attached: the_pancake_family_by_charcoalman_ddbni61-pre.jpg (1044x765, 148.41K)

I remember reading this one ages ago. You got a link to the story?

1. Focus on making it scary first. Build tension and atmosphere, both are musts for any horror fiction. Spend time describing things and get the reader in the moment. They need to feel like they're right there when the creepy stuff is happening, not reading a wikipedia article about it.
Try to draw upon things that actually scare you. 2. For example, let's say you're claustrophobic. Make the reader feel what you feel. Make them feel cramp, confined, trapped, caged, whatever. They need to viscerally feel the fear and pain you feel. It might help to keep a dream log and pay special attention to your nightmare. Think about why they're scary more than what's going on.
3. Read other horror fiction. Don't just look at the classics. Read some of the stuff that's out now. Think about why it works or why it sucks. Improve upon it, or take some of their tricks and put your own spin on it. You'll never get better if you don't understand the ever-evolving genre.
Hope this help you or any other writefags in the thread.

Not really, no. I just listen the story from this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=sx3uxgqABrw

Pretend your creepypasta takes place in the same world as creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/Lost_Episodes_Can_Be_Found_Again

and make sure your creepy lost episode seems like the kind of thing the characters in that would make. You should be good.

Candle Cove is the only good lost media pasta, Not only is it original material but it's actually creepy and not just "bloodshot eyes" "character/employees commit suicide"

For me it's the Rugrats creepypasta that tricks you into looking up what a harlequin fetus looks like

Be careful about going full super natural bullshit. The best creepypastas usually feel like they could have happen in the real world. Yeah, there are some exceptions but they were made by extremely talented writers and, statistically speaking, you’re probably not one of them especially if you’re just starting put (no offense). That’s not to say you CAN’T have spooky ghosts but that you’ll want to try to keep it subtle.

- Cartoon creepypastas only work on fictional shows like Candle Cove or semi obscure stuff like Pinwheel. Writing a creepypasta about known series such as Steven Universe or Spongebob is a dumb idea.

- Don't use cliche shit like "I found this EEnE tape from a flea market". This isn't 2009.

- Don't add Disney into your story. That's been overused and not scary at all.

- Don't try to create a lore out of your story. See the story of SCP's and holders and how they became a parody of themselves.

- Before writing a creepypasta, be sure to make some research about the show.

- Here's a golden rule, your story should sound plausible and able to work as an urban legend. If you don't understand what I mean, read Pale Luna until you get it.

I have never read a single creepypasta or watched a creepypasta video that was actually scary.

If it was possible to make a scary creepypasta we probably would've heard about it by now. Creepypastas are only scary if you're eleven. Otherwise might as well focus on making something that's entertaining. Too many creepypastas completely neglect world building and are just "ooooh spooky bloody eyes spongebob".

Attached: unamusedSquidward.jpg (348x324, 11.74K)

It's a largely outdated form of horror media, largely replaced by analogue horror. It's just how technology changes the game. Video editing software was hard to come by back then; almost impossible for the average person. Forums and message boards were the de facto method of communicating, so of course creepypastas got huge. Now, anybody can get themselves a cheap/free editor and make convincing enough material if they're dedicated enough. Instead of money, it's now a matter of how much time a creator is willing to put into their work.

Stuff like Gemini Home Entertainment / Local 58 is a perfect example. It's simple, but required some real attention to detail and good writing. Both prevalent. Sort of the modern-day Columbus Paradox. Sure, anybody could do it, but nobody's done it yet.

>It's a largely outdated form of horror media
Oh fuck off. A medium doesn’t become outdated because a new medium comes along. That’s incredibly reductive way to look at art. Plays didn’t kill songs, books didn’t kill plays, film didn’t kill books, and video games didn’t kill film. Short form horror literature will always have a place in the world, it’s just right now there is too much garbage clogging up the market to really get excited about it but who knows, maybe will usher in a new era of internet horror. I mean the worse he can do is try

There are still people that ride horses and buggies, but you're not about to tell me that it's still a primary means of transport for the majority of people with access to cars.

I said what I said not to denigrate copypasta writers, but to acknowledge that the times, they are a changin'.

>4/5 stars on Goodreads
Huh. Out of stock, though. That's a shame.

Attached: 1647459470570.jpg (668x548, 87.02K)

I only read one creepypasta that I found scary. It's about a dude trying to sleep, but he keeps hearing a knock on his window.

>this is my first creepypasta, please read and comment

Attached: Joker - Mad Love.jpg (493x370, 109.38K)

Shed 17 didn't need a sequel.