It took me years to finally understand the metaphor

It took me years to finally understand the metaphor

Attached: memory_parasites.png (1920x1090, 3.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0IUSSrldd0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the metaphor

Something about pop culture and how we only have "good memories" about it since it's entertainment?

memory parasites = characters from comics/cartoons

yes exactly

characters that get added to increase audience like gazoo from the flintstones?

Attached: pleb filter.jpg (550x404, 26.44K)

I would have sex with 7 of those characters

Gazoo was cool dumb dumb

>bottle episode that very quickly goes off the rails, practically becoming the opposite of what it was originally parodying
>tons of funny, iconic moments
>cool action with every member of the family
>Mr. Poopybutthole
By far one of my favourite episodes. And the ultimate message that our relationships with our closest friends and family have to come with both the good and the ugly parts is true to life. Framing that around a meta "bottle episode" that introduces tons of fake one-off characters makes for a perfect half hour of television.

Attached: Total Rickall.jpg (1680x942, 315.55K)

Funniest shit I've ever seen.

For me, it's the fridge lady

but I have bad memories from entretaiment , like not trama inducing bad of course but some bad day were made because of entretainment

For me, it's Sleepy Gary.

Attached: 1467758269856.gif (300x169, 400.34K)

Why does everyone hate this show again? It unironically is pretty clever.

Attached: family jewels.gif (326x248, 1.91M)

I wish the butler got to stay. he could've been a good addition to the dynamic.

Attached: Mr Beauregard.jpg (854x480, 50.39K)

obnoxious fanbase latched on, coupled with later seasons being shite

Nah, just the first one. Rick and Morty's still great, even if there have been a few stinkers.

Attached: jerry.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

youtube.com/watch?v=0IUSSrldd0U

Instead Mr. Poopybutthole was the only survivor. According to the wiki, while he is indeed a parasite, he's a more advanced and benevolent kind that inserts himself into the holes of people's memories rather than making up fake memories like the other parasites.

Is that actually cited by an official source, or is it some mumbo jumbo a fan wrote? You can't always trust the Wiki.

Attached: year and a half.gif (480x270, 464.06K)

Here's what I wonder, did the memories of those fake characters go away after they killed them, or were they all stuck with those memories for the rest of their lives?
Imagine how it would feel to suddenly find out one of your parents or siblings or best friends was a memory parasite and you had to kill them, but all those good memories you have with them don't go away and you just have to spend the rest of your life thinking about how they none of them happened.