When did we shift to mocking excellence and rewarding mediocrity?

When did we shift to mocking excellence and rewarding mediocrity?

Attached: toniko.png (578x400, 131.61K)

Why are you letting 4 year old tweets live in your head rent free?

Has the situation changed? If anything it's only gotten worse

>some literal who said something on twitter so it must be true and you MUST be mad about it!
Not falling for your jewish bait, OP. Get a life already.

Yeah, your brain's gotten worse if it's been 4 years, and you're still assblasted by a literal who tweet.

Bluth IS overrated though

>mocking excellence and rewarding mediocrity
Stage one: demoralization

Calm down Toniko, yeah you went to Calarts, good on you.

when your mom decided to keep you

Attached: 12353475856.jpg (828x821, 656.06K)

Compared to who?

they were jealous he preserved traditional Disney techniques

Autism.

The people who ACTUALLY made dragons quest.

they probably grew up watching rock a doodle and troll in central park, itd explain their low opinion of him

Tbf I agree with the tweet. Don Bluth's style of animation is nauseating, because it's just a poor recreation and generalization of Disney animation, so it comes off extra tropey. That being said I think what Cal Arts replaced that style of animation with was no better.

>because it's just a poor recreation and generalization of Disney animation, so it comes off extra tropey
It literally is Disney animation, he even worked on Sleeping Beauty and learned from the very best

I didn't think this was an east vs west thread, my bad.

Bluth's animation is masterful. I'll take it any day over everything that's been produced in the past twenty years.

It's been used as bait for years and this is the time of day when almost any new thread is bait or a shitpost.

It's alot of Disney tropes piled ontop of eachother, but it's nowhere near as tempered or controlled as classic Disney's animation. For one Bluth never really learned the principle of "appeal". All his characters (bar his sexy girl ones) are extremely ugly.

Meh. I think he had the advantage of making movies when Disney was especially weak but, his films range from good to really laughably awful.