The john lasseter era of pixar is officially over

And that's completely fine!

Retards on this board would rather have endless sequels and the same looking style than seeing new and interesting Any Forumsntent

no, luca, soul, and turning red aren't perfect films, but they're much more enjoyable than cars 8 or monsters Inc 5.
seeing pixar diversify stylistically is refreshing, pete docter is ringing in a decent new era and I'm pretty fucking excited for what wild shit we get over the next decade or so

>"But they feel like they're made by illumination!!! "
Not remotely true. Pixar's latest animation and rendering is still outstanding, and the plots are actually written by passionate adults and not a focus group full of kids.

>"it's all woke shit!"
Who the fuck cares. If something being "woke" turns you off, then I have bad news for you regarding the next 20 years of animation, autist.

>"It just doesn't feel like pixar"
In what way? Really. I have yet to see a legit argument for this

Attached: turning-red-soul-luca-1200x628.jpg (1200x628, 167.36K)

Soul was forgettable shite and it fucking robbed Wolfwalkers.

All these movies plus Onward are unwatchable
I won’t go so far as to say “western animation” or Pixar or whatever is dead. But I will say that grubhub style is personally quite unappealing to me
>th-they based it off Ghibli animation styles!!
No, they did not.

Attached: 9ACFE1E6-3A26-42F4-9CF7-45B7BF47278F.jpg (657x527, 132.82K)

these 3 are misses

what robbed wolfwalkers is the fact that it was released on a streaming platform very few people had at the time. Hell most people still don't have it.
Grubhub style? All four movies since 2020 looked completely different from one another. Is this just the cgi version of "cal arts"?

Soul had so much potential about what following your dreams as an adult actually means and how most people never achieve them.

>If something being "woke" turns you off, then I have bad news for you regarding the next 20 years of animation, autist
Bro you're either falseflagging hoping to start a flamewar on purpose or you're absolutely on the wrong website if you honestly believe in all that garbage being forcefed down your gullible gullet

it shouldve been more like whiplash and less like an after school special

>Grubhub style? All four movies since 2020 looked completely different from one another. Is this just the cgi version of "cal arts"?
It means it looks like the Grub Hub commercial

Wolfwalkers was by-the-book cliched formulaic drivel that Any Forums only praises for 2D and lolis. Soul at least tried to be different.

>It just doesn't feel like pixar"
>In what way? Really. I have yet to see a legit argument for this
Pixar used to reject the concept of relatable characters as a false god these new films definitely seem to be written with relatability in mind. Pixar also used to use very fantastical settings, these lack that. Even Luca which did have a good setting relied on the real world heavily in a way older Pixar films didn't.

>seeing pixar diversify stylistically is refreshing
I like pixar trying experimenting with new stuff but it honestly feels like the experimentation just made them look more generic , and while it isn't their fault it does feel like there is some style extanation in current 3d animated movies , it does make the problem worse. also luca has Italians ewww

Just a reminder that it will flop.

Attached: 30582fafb221218698abfff464380fd4.jpg (960x1201, 92.39K)

>Soul
Boring and uninspired and wasted what could have been a great musical experience.
>Luca
Beautiful setting and enviroments, but the touching friendship between two kids was twisted and ruined by the alphabet army
>Panda thingy
Probably the UGLIEST fucking thing any of the big animation studios have ever made.

why does the character look like a toy , isn't the movie supposed to be a remake of the movie that the toy of buzzlightyear is based on? , how many toys based on a ip look exactly like thier ip and how many ip have character that look like toys , this doesn't look like some futuristic space suit it looks like cheap plastic

I was about to say this movie better end with a truck out to reveal the movie was a movie within the movie and Andy is watching it in a movie theater with his Buzz and Woody toys but then I remembered Andy doesn't own these toys anymore, some stupid kid I don't know owns them, and now I don't care how it ends.

>that negro look like bill Cosby

>the same looking style
ironic

Attached: kroger.jpg (1000x562, 103.48K)

Yes their older films are objectively way more experimental
>in a world where monsters power their homes with human screams from another dimension, 2 resident monsters protect a human child lost in their realm
>a neurotic clownfish braves the terrors of the deep blue sea to find his lost son
>battling depression from a forced retirement a washed up superhero must keep a secret from his super-powered family, that he's getting back in the hero game
>a world where anthropomorphic cars are the dominant lifeform
>what do your toys do when you're not looking?
>a lowly cleaning robot is swept from the ruins of an abandoned earth to a spaceship containing the remainder of humanity amidst a crisis for their survival
Vs the last 2 films are both
>tween(s) struggles with anthropomorphic animal transformation making social life difficult

>All four movies since 2020 looked completely different from one another
same

>it tried
Well it should've tried harder. People forgot about it in a week.

>Any Forums praises Wolfwalkers for the animation

It's a cartoon board. Amazing animation does get respect here, yes. Well spotted.

Based. The new movies are made by and for narcissists who are obsessed with social anxiety and writing "love letters" to their hometowns.

>The movie was ruined for me by what other people said about it

Sounds like a "You" problem.

They all look the same to me

I wasn’t a fan of Soul and Onward but Luca was good and Turning Red was by far the best out of the bunch. Turning Red also felt the least like a pixar movie and I chalk it up the creative team of that movie being compromised mostly of millennials and women with different sensibilities from the old guard. I think that might be why it was the most relatable story with a setting drawn from the director’s own childhood and art direction inspired by the cartoons and comics people in the 90s and 2000s would’ve seen. Time passes forward and we’re starting to see younger people in charge of these huge productions.

Attached: 73EF1D17-7118-4CA9-9BB6-73F3043C64D7.jpg (1191x670, 70.22K)

After watching all three of these recently pretty close to one another for comparison
>Luca
I did not like any of the characters in this movie outside of the fisherman dad. Luca was just uninteresting as a main character, I thought Alberto was fun at the start but got on my nerves near the end, and at no point in the movie did I like Spewlia. I thought the story was very lame probably because I genuinely did not care for any of these characters. The dream sequences at the start were pretty nice though. Ultimately, I was kind of bored near the end though.
>Soul
I think had everything going for it to be an extremely profound story but ultimately lost me in some portions but was really interesting in others. Sidekick ghost was a neat idea, being a character who hasn't been born wondering what the point is to even go through life, but I felt it kind of dropped the ball with that during the 3rd act because they had to have the main characters fall out so they could reconcile at the end. Also the Great Before is just not a good looking environment compared to other abstract places they've attempted to do before, but the human world is insanely good.
>Turning Red
It was charming, I don't care what people here have to say. It has the lowest stakes of any Pixar movie, but it ends up being more fun to watch than a good amount of them. It was a funny movie with a lot of style to it that makes everything land better. Mei, her mother, and the fat korean are more appealing/funny characters than any Pixar original character that has come out since Ratatouille/WALL-E and I will stand by that statement(especially when you look up what movies came out since then)