Do you prefer Green Goblin as a man in a costume or a transformation?

Do you prefer Green Goblin as a man in a costume or a transformation?

Attached: BBC12BA5-3D67-439F-8EB5-5D6FCDBBF023.png (1597x1799, 1.8M)

Transformation goblin stems from muh realism and is used by writers that are ashamed of their jobs

This
And I'll go as far to say anyone redesigning the goblin suit into bootleg iron man armour is similar, this recent statue disgusted me, it's literally just a Skrull

Attached: green-goblin-sixth-scale-diorama-pcs_marvel_gallery_620b0204da290-1200x628.jpg (1200x628, 94.18K)

Man for 616, transformation for Stormin 'gets the job done' Norman.

The mask is literally a major aspect of the character, especially in what it represents to those who wear it, the legacy it brings, and Spider-Man’s life. Making it a transformation is lazy and downright stupid.

Attached: 1BAEC170-2156-4F75-94B4-D4F3626857C5.jpg (1138x1600, 695.61K)

Attached: 0576353C-77A2-4235-B664-2C85C9CADB1A.jpg (512x337, 92.24K)

Man in a costume.
Hulk goblin is so uninspired and gaudy it just makes my eyes roll out of my skull

Imagine this iconic sequence without the mask.

Attached: A318DAFB-1DCA-4906-A643-67D1B2179743.jpg (620x924, 154.75K)

I actually really liked what they did with it in the Ultimate run.
Made him look more menacing and scary like a proper goblin.

>Man for 616, transformation for Stormin 'gets the job done' Norman.
This.

Attached: file.png (1042x1600, 1.93M)

Personally I prefer the mask as it emphasizes the insanity

While the transformation makes him more physically imposing, I find the unhinged nature of the costumed one more threatening

I don't like how transformation gobby is always a kaiju or an orc. Costume all the way.

Costume.

ultimate green goblin is just GARBAGE

It always annoyed me how different Green Goblin and Osborn were in Spectacular Spiderman
Supposed to be the same person but had different sizes, figures and skull shapes, it basically is a transformation

Costume, but I’d be interested in seeing 616 Norman use both. Especially since Peter’s never dealt with that before. Maybe Norman decides to copy the 1610 one to try and finally kill Peter, or something.

I had issues with the plot twist that Norman was sane and in control of himself the whole time, and it was one big IT WAS ME thing. My problem with that is that it takes away the edge of Norman, that while he’s a schemer he’s just as much a total loose cannon. They basically gave him Kingsley’s schtick.

It's funny how Ultimate wasn't the first to do a transforming Green Goblin. It was also a thing in the 80s Spider-Man/Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon.

And your point is?

Costume is the only right answer.
Green Goblin's supposed to be a parallel to Spider-Man. Making him a low-rent Hulk just ruins that.

>Costume, but I’d be interested in seeing 616 Norman use both. Especially since Peter’s never dealt with that before.

I'm pretty sure every modern Goblin that's come about as had that set-up. At least the female ones have.

Costume, partially because of nostalgia and partially because Norman clearly relies on tech anyway, having just turn into a monster only to then need a bunch of gear to do anything just seems weirdly pointless. And if the transformation. Transformation just seems like a pointless overcompensation someone came up with when they realised the mask would make very little sense in real life. Not that I like the Raimi movie mask or NWH ignoring the mask in favor of goggles, but I prefer both of those to a transformation.

Attached: peni and goblin pillow.png (1008x1400, 561.46K)